Fallout 4 - Enhanced Mod

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming Fallout 4 Enhanced Mod aims to provide a better RPG experience and more tactical options.

Modder ‘Bdogs’ has released a brand new mod for Fallout 4. According to the modder, the Fallout 4 Enhanced mod aims to fix various bugs and rebalance the game in order to provide a more tactical feeling and a better RPG experience. Contrary to other mods, however, this one aims to stay close to the vanilla version and vision of its creators.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

I've read through the changes and I honestly don't see how any of the changes make it a "better RPG experience".
As in, nothing in there even touches the (extremely light) RPG-ness of the game.

I guess the better reactions of NPC to being shot in the hands/legs is nice, but other than that, some power armor buff and some fixes, I don't get what the mod even does.

I've read through the changes and I honestly don't see how any of the changes make it a "better RPG experience".
As in, nothing in there even touches the (extremely light) RPG-ness of the game.

I guess the better reactions of NPC to being shot in the hands/legs is nice, but other than that, some power armor buff and some fixes, I don't get what the mod even does.

Maybe there are better rocket propelled grenades :p

Man, while replaying Fallout the second, I'm totally reminded of what a good fallout game is really like. Fallout four just wasn't that good.

Man, while replaying Fallout the second, I'm totally reminded of what a good fallout game is really like. Fallout four just wasn't that good.

Neither was 3.

Or (talking about good RPGs) even 2 for that matter.

Fallout 2 was all about Easter eggs and tongue in cheek references. Despite some major improvements it didn't live up to the first game and felt more like a spoof rather than a real sequel. It's certainly miles above the rest and a good game in its own right but still a poor sequel to the first Fallout.

Still waiting for the price to drop to what I want to pay for this game. I'll just keep on waiting.

Last edited:
It's certainly miles above the rest and a good game in its own right but still a poor sequel to the first Fallout.

I don't agree that it was miles above the rest. I think all of the FO games are good, but I don't put FO 1&2 on a pedestal like some do. I don't think FO2 was better than FO 3, 4, or NV. Well.. it was probably better than FO 3 without mods.

I agree that the writing was better in those earlier games, but I like the overall experience of the later titles. A lot of that has to do with being able to explore them in first-person. I find that a lot more immersive than the isometric view of FO 1&2.

For me, Fallout one and two are certainly in a place that three, New Vegas, and the fourth game never quite reached. If you take out the time constraint in the first game, that would make it my overall favourite, without a doubt. Heck, I suppose after I finish Fallout two I just might dip back into one, as all but one of the newer games I've played so far this year have barely been worthy of the time and/or effort.

Yeah, I just can't go back. I find 3+ vastly superior, but I'm a first person guy all the way. I love reminiscing about Fallout, but not playing it.

Between them all, I'm probably one of the few people here who actually had the most fun with Fallout 3. To me, that one had the most immersive world.

It's nice to see people still so dedicated to Fallout 4, though. I don't think I could ever willingly replay it again - a statement I can only attribute to the fourth installment.

Weird, I thought 4 was an improvement over 3 in almost every way. I really enjoyed 3, but I had to mod a lot more things in that game to get it to my liking. I played 4 with nothing but UI and XP mods.

I quite enjoyed Fallout three but it was more about the area that it is set in rather than the gameplay or combat involved. I lived in Annapolis for over fifteen years, and the detail to which they nailed the DC metro area was quite good. It was surreal, popping in a game and revisiting a subway that I had just been in a couple of hours earlier =p

The only mod that seriously tackles Fallout 4's RPG aspect (or lack thereof) is Horizon. It doesn't do anything for the braindead main questline, but it makes everything else far more involved and rewarding. …Unfortunately, such a rebalance also, by its very nature, makes compatibility with other mods a nightmare at best.

Weird, I thought 4 was an improvement over 3 in almost every way. I really enjoyed 3, but I had to mod a lot more things in that game to get it to my liking. I played 4 with nothing but UI and XP mods.

Admittedly, I loved Fallout 4's combat. It simply felt good. Anything outside of VATS was particularly satisfying because I felt like I had full control over weapons that really packed a punch. Maybe it had to do with visual and audio feedback, but it was a huge improvement over 3.

I have to echo what Carnifex said about Fallout 3's setting, though. Much of what I found fascinating was the design of DC. The green tint that they have as the game's overlay was also a fantastic design decision that added to the game's immersion, I thought.

Indeed. A huge draw for me to Fallout three was how it was to almost exact detail. You could follow the subway lines and/or roads straight to places that really exist, to the Smithsonian and other galleries. To this day, it is something I really never tire of exploring.

There are so many things F3 and 4 got wrong it's not even funny.

I get people preferring the fps thing though but as far as I am concerned nostalgia is not everything.

The original games could be completed without resorting to violence.

That's just not possible in the Bethesda Fallouts.

I don't agree that it was miles above the rest. I think all of the FO games are good, but I don't put FO 1&2 on a pedestal like some do. I don't think FO2 was better than FO 3, 4, or NV. Well.. it was probably better than FO 3 without mods.

I agree that the writing was better in those earlier games, but I like the overall experience of the later titles. A lot of that has to do with being able to explore them in first-person. I find that a lot more immersive than the isometric view of FO 1&2.

Yep, I am completely with you here.
They are all great games, each with it's flaws. The old Fallouts had bad party management, Fallout 3 had some annoying grind, Fallout NV was buggy as hell, Fallout 4 had no decent ending. All great, but all not perfect.

Back
Top Bottom