Skyrim - Wil Weaton Interviews Todd Howard

So, the Ultima series is Todd Howard's all time favorite? Mine too.
Unfortunately, it appears Ultima IX had a bigger influence on his games than Ultima VII.

I'm sure I'm 1 of the few who actually enjoyed ultima IX. After getting my patched disc of course.

I'm sure I'm 1 of the few who actually enjoyed ultima IX.

At the time of release, my high-end PC could barely run it… not to mention the bugs.
And I was not too happy about the new perspective and lack of the promised party.
But what bothered me most was the gutted, retconned story that lacked continuity.
Still, it would’ve been a great game had I not played the others.

I'm sure I'm 1 of the few who actually enjoyed ultima IX. After getting my patched disc of course.

You're not. Before Skyrim and Deus Ex HR and Fallout Vegas came out, U9 was in my all time top 10 RPGs. It was my favorite Ultima although in reality it really wasn't an Ultima game. And yes, it wasn't playable until years after its release.

As far as Will Wheaton, he expertly plays a dickwad scientist in Eureka. I didn't even recognize the guy until I saw the credits. I had to go online and check out his bio to see he put on some weight and got a tad older.

"Will Weaton"... so, should I know this person?

Anyway, I always meant to try Ultima iX one day... it does not appear to be on gog yet. Is it available anywhere and does it run on modern systems?

"Get that boy off my bridge!"

GameFront sent along Wil Weaton (Big Bang Theory etc) as their E3 representative, who sat down with Bethsoft's Todd Howard for a video interview.
More information.

I find it interesting that you mentioned Big Bang Theory instead of Star Trek as Wil Weaton's achievement :)
He's also in The Guild, and in the recent web series (made by himself) playing board games.

You guys seriously haven't been watching BBT? Funniest show I've ever seen. Maybe it helps that it's so relevant to me... Except that my "normal" wife loves it just as much. We watch it together. I laff at a role-playing or math joke... she laffs that they made a role-playing or math joke. :p

You guys seriously haven't been watching BBT? Funniest show I've ever seen.

Laff Tracks are like fingernails on a chalkboard to me now. I stopped watching network sitcoms a few years back and now can't even listen to 20 seconds of that stuff without violently leaping towards the remote for a channel switch (not an exaggeration). I know BBT and other similar shows are filmed before a "live" audience, but it's that fake live audience where they laugh based on cue cards held up at the appropriate time (aka a "live" laff track).

And I'm not trying to sound elitist here. I used to watch sitcoms like crazy, but once you give them up, you can't go back.

Well, I hardly watch any TV. And I hate Star Trek...
*runs*

Wil is very cool. I watched Next Gen all the way through and never understood that hate people had for him :)

I find it interesting that you mentioned Big Bang Theory instead of Star Trek as Wil Weaton's achievement :)

I'm surprised no one mentioned Stephen King's Stand By Me. Good movie….

standbyme11.jpg

Ugh, I hated Wesley with a passion. What an incredibly naive and 'perfect' character. But, anyway, this is about Todd Howard, the guy who has supposedly revolutionized RPGs. What?

Bloody hell, Wil Weaton has aged almost as badly as I have. But at least he still has his hair.

Also no discussion of Todd Howard is complete without this:

th_crazy_galsses_top_jd.jpg

Now what's the interview about? Ahh who cares.

Back
Top Bottom