TGC - The Games Company - Secures The Dark Eye License

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Berlin based publisher TGC - The Games Company announced they were granted a The Dark Eye (Das Schwarze Auge or DSA in German) license. They will use it to let their internal studio (Silver Style; -> The Fall) develop an action-RPG.
According to Dr Stefan Blanck from license holder Chromatrix in the official Drakensang forum TGC's license is non-exclusive. It does not prevent Radon Labs from making a sequel or add-on to Drakensang.
Thanks Alrik and Rohal!
More information.

Press release

So, Carsten Strehse gets it? Fun.

Doesn't sound like good news to me.

Thanks, I didn´t want to waste my time translating a PR.

The Carsten is CEO and development director of TGC. It´s unlikely he can do more than supervision.

Press release

So, Carsten Strehse gets it? Fun.

Doesn't sound like good news to me.

Why not? For someone who is mentioned in the The Fall credits you seem overtly critical.

I think Carsten and his pals worked with a plethora of Black Isle alumni and are very talented guys.

Having an DSA ACRPG is a good thing anyway, because it only supports the franchise and opens up marktets for all DSA games. They can't hurt DSA, because the 15+ mobile phone games couldn't do also.

It's a win-win situation in my book.

The mobile phone games are not really liked within the TDE community - at least the one over there at the Ulisses forum (Ulisses is the current holder of the license) - because of its exclusive content.

An Action-RPG just dioesn't fit into Aventuria. To me it's like making a SIMs game for (A)D&D.

There are only two to three exceptions to that : The Mage Wars -> LMK and the Black Lands, especuially during the Borbarad times.

Why not? For someone who is mentioned in the The Fall credits you seem overtly critical.

My permission wasn't asked :p

I think Carsten and his pals worked with a plethora of Black Isle alumni and are very talented guys.

Two QA guys is "a plethora of Black Isle alumni"?

Having an DSA ACRPG is a good thing anyway, because it only supports the franchise and opens up marktets for all DSA games.

Why turn a pen and paper game into a computer game if you have no interest in making it a pen and paper emulation (or on the outside an emulation)? It's not like the DSA setting is that fascinating, it's the system that counts. A DSA aRPG sounds like a formula for every other generic aRPG out there.

I'm all for variety in the RPG field, but making DSA an action-RPG makes as much sense as making Fallout an FPSRPG. i.e. none

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom