Avernum 3: Ruined World - Release Date: January 31

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Exile 3/Avernum 3 remake Avernum 3: Ruined World will be released on January 31:

Avernum 3: Ruined World

The conclusion to our hit indie fantasy trilogy! Avernum 3: Ruined World is an epic, indie fantasy role-playing adventure with many hours of gameplay. Explore an enormous world that evolves as time passes. Towns are destroyed. Refugees flee. Disasters happen.

Your people long to escape from their underworld prison, but the surface world is being destroyed. Fight plagues of bizarre monsters and win your freedom. Enjoy an intricate tactical battle system with multitudes of abilities, character traits, and unique magical artifacts.

Features:
  • Epic fantasy adventure with over 60 hours of gameplay. Explore an enormous underworld and a huge surface continent.
  • Rich game system with over 60 spells and battle disciplines and a multitude of beneficial character traits to choose from.
  • Well over 100 towns and dungeons, which change as time passes. Cities crumble as the monster plagues advance.
  • Fight to save the world. Or don’t! Do odd jobs. Be a bounty hunter or merchant. Buy a house.
  • Unique races and settings make Avernum different from any adventure out there.
  • Over 100 side quests and hundreds of magical artifacts.
The story of Avernum 3 is self-contained, and previous experience with Avernum games isn't required.
More information.

Thank you for the info, BrianOConnell and Kordanor!

Awesome! Really looking forward to this. The previous games were great. Definite day one purchase.

Excellent news! Got it on my watch-list on steam. Very much keen to chronologically continue the enjoyable adventure through this series.

i think it just means that you don't need to have played other games in the series to follow the story. The second game had links to the first (recurring characters and towns etc) but the player characters were new and the stories didn't follow on directly (but also had lots of links)

Bring it on! I'll update my Avernum 2 sound MOD for this one too! I bet they didn't update their absolutely lame vanilla Arcane Blow spell sound for this one as well, so my mod will be essential for the endurability of this game. :)

So...how long did it take to port over the Exiles storyline here?

I guess it's time to give Avernum a shot, I've been meaning to do so for quite a while. And I dislike starting at the wrong end of a trilogy.

Just don't try to play them all together.
While I like Spiderweb games, I always need a big break in between. As they are pretty huge, it would just be too much of the same.

Good advice. I actually played the first two back to back having really enjoyed the first, and had a great time with it. I'd never played a Spiderweb game before though except Avadon, which I hadn't enjoyed and only played for a couple of hours, so I guess the formula wasn't old for me. I'm glad I've had a fairly big break before part III though. :) Three on the trot would definitely have been a bit too much...

Also depends on how long you spent on playing them. ^^
Played the first for 159hours and the second for 137hours.
I like how he always mentions "over 60 hours of game time" ^^

Heh yeah fair enough :) I think I finished with about 60 hrs in each, maybe slightly more on the second one. I no doubt didn't find everything though.

Back
Top Bottom