Unavowed - Review Roundup

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Unavowed has been well received by a number of outlets.

Entertainium

I grew to accept whatever happened. And that’s one of Unavowed’s biggest strengths, built upon a strong script and gameplay flow that allows for plenty of breathing room. I really felt comfortable with the ending that I got, and learned about the possible benefits that can come by playing the game a certain way (or not). And although I made up my mind not to go back on any of my decisions, I’m pretty curious to see what can come out of a fresh playthrough of the game, now that I have a certain amount of knowledge of what could possibly happen.

[...]
Cliqist

Unavowed has been compared to a Bioware game without combat, and that’s a fair comparison. Like in Mass Effect you will find yourself talking to your companions after each mission in order to find out about their lives and whatnot. And there’s also the fact that some of the missions have to do with them directly. And taking different companions to any mission will change how we get to the end of it. For example, in the beginning of the game we will see a ghost, but we’ll be unable to communicate with them for the time being.

[...]
Techraptor

The writing is at its best when it deals with the personal life of your companions and the NPCs you meet along the way. While the plot itself has some interesting moments, the motivation of a particular central character didn’t feel very developed. There’s an element of surprise that works fairly well, but the exposition at that point wasn’t very convincing. It’s not that the writing is bad; it’s that it lacks subtlety, especially when it comes to moral dilemmas. Gray morality feels more like a gimmick than a proper reflection of reality.

[...]
Videogames Uncovered

Overall, Unavowed is one of the best point and click adventure games to be released in the current generation. The high-resolution graphics, along with the strongly written dialogue, excellent puzzle design and emotive soundtrack provide the ingredients for a modern classic that will be very difficult to duplicate. If you have always wanted to be like the Winchester brothers or the Scooby gang in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Unavowed is the closest experience that you will get in the world of video games.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Back
Top Bottom