The TV Series discussion thread

Interesting, I just watched a little bit of Alienist the other day. It was decent, but I was too tired to finish it.

Sounds like I need to try again.

I'm re-watching Star Trek: Enterprise with Scott Bakula as captain. To me I love it as they actually wear non-colored uniforms, and you see the birth of the Federation.

Star-Trek-Enterprise-Photo-Quality-Magnet-Captain-Archer.jpg

scott-bakula-starred-as-capt-jonathan-archer-on-the-sci-fi.jpeg

I wanted that uniform desperately. It had like hundreds of pockets and back then I needed as many as possible to hide… Well… Nice smelling herbs. :)

These three item might interest you, and their cheaper.

Link - https://www.amazon.com/Allten-Costume-Enterprise-Uniform-Jumpsuit/dp/B01DNQLMN6/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1533902002&sr=8-1&keywords=Star+Trek%3A+Enterprise+uniform

Link - https://www.amazon.com/XOMO-Uniform...r=8-18&keywords=Star+Trek:+Enterprise+uniform

Link - https://www.amazon.com/Enterprise-B...r=8-22&keywords=Star+Trek:+Enterprise+uniform
No. That's garbage.
I wanted the real thing and the only original "jumpsuit" was buyable from some german star trek fans site. Nowhere else in the whole world. And I missed it. Back then. Dunno about now.
Yeah it's all about Star Trek: Discovery now.

If you can find an actually full replica uniform for Star Trek: Enterprise it wont be cheap.

Finished The Alienist - and I liked it overall. 7/10.

Ending was weak, though - and it didn't pay off all of that massive build-up, which was disappointing.

I actually thought the ending to The Alienist was kind of strong. Emotionally powerful rather than sentimental that talk he had with his dead father .

Been really really enjoying Better Call Saul. Of all the shows I've ever watched, this 1 hour series passes the quickest. Always feels like a half hour whereas something like Sharp Objects always feels like a 2 hour movie. Man, is that show SLOW! But I'm sticking with it. As for BCS, it never ceases to startle me. Like when:

Gus murders Nacho's partner. It's sometimes easy to forget just how vicious and ruthless Gus can be, and Victor's death is one of the most memorable things I ever saw on television in Breaking Bad.

Some trivia about actor Michael Mando (Nacho) on BCS: he voice acted the most memorable voice acted character ever in a video//PC game for me - Far Cry 3. Never forgot his voice.

Yup, we totally see that Fring isn't above dirtying his own hands. It also served as an object lesson for his subordinates.

Kim laying out Hamlin gave me serious chills. She lit into that poor guy like he was chum and she was the shark. /Bite!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again now, quite possibly the best show currently on the telly. I find it more appealing than the show it's derived from, because the drug angle isn't nearly so pervasive.

Doctor Who season 10 arrived on Netflix. I'm only two episodes in and I already can't wait for the rest of the season in a way that few shows can induce. Finally some decent science fiction with stories (and a story arc) that are actually quite intriguing. Not sure why, I think it is because it is British (or just non-Hollywood) that makes it quite fresh in look and feel, the dialogue, etc. but also because there is always a good kind of weirdness to the stories.

Last edited:
Doctor Who season 10 arrived on Netflix. I'm only two episodes in and I already can't wait for the rest of the season in a way that few shows can induce. Finally some decent science fiction with stories (and a story arc) that are actually quite intriguing. Not sure why, I think it is because it is British (or just non-Hollywood) that makes it quite fresh in look and feel, the dialogue, etc. but also because there is always a good kind of weirdness to the stories.

Doctor Who is my favorite TV show, but it's fantasy not science fiction (the fantasy subgenre science-fantasy to be precise).

Watched first episode of Legion last night. It was interesting. I saw in the credits though that it's based on something Marvel… That's a big turn off for me - I've developed a pathological dislike of the superhero genre. Does it end up being like Marvel movies?

Well if you have $650 USD you can buy the Star Trek Enterprise Archer Jacket.

Link - https://www.amazon.com/ANOVOS-Enterprise-Archer-Jacket-Medium/dp/B00YBCJUVI

41dAMG7%2BgXL.jpg

As much as I despised that series I got to give a thumbs up for pockets.

Its another shout out to the mythology behind Star Trek - for the costuming department the Star Trek Motion Picture is legendary for two things: a) the freedom to create what they wanted was totally expressed; b) they are totally without pockets and therefore useless as a work uniform.

Like the inside joke of every ST series where the characters are constantly having to adjust their uniforms (because they shrank in the wash in TOS - which was als o the reason they were getting ripped and losing them in fist fights) - its a shout out and a correction to a mistake they made.

Watched first episode of Legion last night. It was interesting. I saw in the credits though that it's based on something Marvel… That's a big turn off for me - I've developed a pathological dislike of the superhero genre. Does it end up being like Marvel movies?

I know right? Where's Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl?

Legion may be a Marvel product, but I can safely say the show shouldn't degenerate into anything like the Avengers or those other action movies. At best you might be able to make some parallels to Dr. Strange, as much of the action takes place in the mind and on other planes of existence.

If it ever does start to resemble the Avengers, those people behind the show will have utterly failed. Right now it's one of the most brilliant shows on television, in my not so humble opinion.

Marvel?
Dang, I would habe loved to watch a series about DC's LEGION.

I remember the introductory scene to Legion. Suffice it to say, I was sold.

Back
Top Bottom