Age of Conan - Sneak peek @ rpgvault

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
A look at slealth in AoC from rpgvault. With handy links to previous articles at the bottom of the page.
However, slipping out of sight is no easy proposition. Even the craftiest of rogues won't vanish in the middle of Tortage at noon. Stealth begins with skill, both the actual, in-game stealth skill, and actual player skill. Slipping into the shadows and moving along in secret is much more like a game of Thief than a simple exercise in pressing buttons and charging ahead.

At its heart, the stealth system is elegantly simple and, in fact, works much like in a tabletop RPG. You have a stealth skill, and it is checked against the abilities of your foes, players and NPCs alike, but as always, the devil is in the details.
More information.

Excerpts from the peek:
Like when you're eyeing that girl in the bar, lighting is everything.
particularly if his assassin friend is busy trying to pick up girls.
while the rest are busy looking at the wenches in the tavern

I'm actually planning on playing Age of Conan. Perhaps I shouldn't read any more interviews/peeks associated with it.
This isn't the first time employees at Funcom has shown that kind of attitude.

I think at least the stealth system sounds interesting.

Selling sex is a lot easier than creating an indepth fantasy role playing game for the masses. Here's hoping they don't go for the easy path.

*push*

Olnigg's "RevieW" of Age of Conan:
http://olnigg.de/jahr2008/olg147.htm

With some rather shocking screenshots ...

He predicts that this game will be used as a spearhead against violence - because of these and similar screenshots ...

He also writes that the game contains some innovative elements about which he couldn't write because of NDA.

Back
Top Bottom