RPGWatch Forums - View Single Post - Fallout 76 - Review in Progress @ Gamespot
View Single Post

November 19th, 2018, 14:06
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
So to you Real Fallout (tm) is aimlessly wandering through empty areas, shooting at same crappy enemies and collecting pointless loot?
Got it.

Have fun then in your Real Fallout (tm).
You asked me to define what I mean by "real fallout" and I said "Bethesda Fallout" so why are you choosing to ignore that?

Originally Posted by Archangel
So to you Bethesda(tm) Fallout (tm) is aimlessly wandering through empty areas, shooting at same crappy enemies and collecting pointless loot?
Got it.

Have fun then in your Bethesda(tm) Fallout (tm).
Ok, thank you. You're a gentleman and a scholar. I'll bet people say you're a really good listener all the time but, to me, it's your deep understanding of what you've heard that's truly impressive.

Aimlessly wandering? yes. Empty areas? no. Crappy monsters? subjective.

Pointless loot? Well, we could get into a big discussion about level scaling in RPGs so lets just ignore this one, but I think good progression involves many aspects and gear is one of the classics and progression is a core part of RPGs. So, no, not pointless.

Now, if you want to know what a REAL Fallout is then look no further than the original two. I think Wasteland 3 will be more my type of real. But the licence holders are Bethesda so what they tell us Fallout is must be correct. It's an FPS game now. It has RPG elements. F76 accurately represents what a Fallout game has been since FO3.

If Fallout is a piece of shit and you only just noticed because they added co-op, which automatically triggered a negative response, then that's on you.

So, what does real Fallout mean to you? Obviously it's different to Bethesda Fallout in your mind too or you wouldn't have deliberately misunderstood and forgotten the definition of "real Fallout" contained within my undeservedly prompt and friendly reply.

SirJames

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)