RPGWatch Updates, Bug reports and Feature requests

@Zloth;
Maybe this is what you are lokking for?:

Go to your profile page
https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/member.php?u=1541
You’ll see:
Visitor Messages - About me - Statistics - Friends - Infractions - Contact info - Mentions - Quotes

Maybe what you are looking for is in either ‘Mentions’ or ‘Quotes’?
That's it! Thanks! (Hmm... though I don't appear to have an Infractions tab. Yet. ;)

The Locus Inn has already moved (link at the very top) It is my first site that I don’t really maintain anymore, but it is still here because of nostalgia :)
If you can see that site, you are fine.

Yes, I can see the Locus Inn website. Kinda RPGWatch's Larian subdivision :p

It was originally about Infinity Engine games (like PST: https://www.locusinn.com/games/-208/info.html) and I added Larian Studios games after that. There isn't really a lot of news on IE games, which is why it is now plastered with Divinity news.

I never got around to converting the content of IWD and BG games to the current system, which is why that detailed information (similar to the PST info) is not there.

Is someone trying to hack the site? I am getting lot of timeout and cloud thing errors as well.

We will be moving to a new server soon. The plan is to do that this weekend (24th/25th of November).
In the process the site might be not responding for short times, or show a message that we are performing maintenance. This means we are preparing some stuff.

When I start the actual move, I will post a message on the front page and the forums.
As long as you see that message the move has not completed for you yet.
You also know that the move has completed for you because there will be message welcoming you on the new location.

There will be nothing visually changed for you. There is a change for news posters, but besides that all changes are related to security improvements and support for a newer version of PHP.

The major reason to move is that it has been 2 years and the licenses that came with the server expire at the end of the year. Besides that the new server is somewhat cheaper :)

The response time of RPGWatch is very bad for me right now.

It's a known problem that started yesterday Myrthos talked about it in the news-bits about the migration of servers. To many visitors are overloading the server.

It could also be someone is doing it on purpose, or a failure somewhere on the server.

It’s been done on purpose. This site is simply not designed for handling the amount of connections we currently have.
On the positive side, a few months ago the server and site would have collapsed :)

I signed off quite late yesterday and there are real life things as well, so I will look into it today, to see what I can learn and if I can put a stop to it.

I wasn't able to do anything with the site, due to work and after work a private appointment. So I am back now, when they have stopped. So I analyzed the log files and tried to figure out why the address ranges were not blocked already. When I found out the reason why neither iptables nor ufw appears to be working, I added the address ranges where blocking should work and will wait to see what happens next, when they wake up again tomorrow.

I've changed caching settings for the forums and the pages load faster for me for the last 40 minutes or so.

For me, it still mostly loads slowly, but sometimes it loads fast.

At the moment it loads quite fast for me, I did made a change yesterday (time wise it must have been after your comments) that appears to have helped, but as it sometimes becomes very slow, I have monitors running to see if I can pinpoint the root cause of this.

Back
Top Bottom