Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire Episode 2

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports on a new trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 and some new 4K screenshots.

CD Projekt RED has released the second episode of the Night City Wire for Cyberpunk 2077. This new episode features new cinematic in-engine and gameplay footage from Cyberpunk 2077, so make sure to watch it.

The second episode of Night City Wire also features the rock band Samurai. Additionally, this episode reveals new details about lifepaths, weapons, and more.

[...]

More information.

I don't plan to watch it (spoilers, and I didn't watch the first episode for the same reason), but I'm glad to see these coming out. One, because I know people like them, and two because it gives me confidence that the current release date will stick.

Trailer yes, trailer yes, lifepath chat'em to death... no.
Behind the scenes... Since when these materials are shown before the game is released?

Episode #2 was way better imo than episode #1.
Maybe this game is at least in parts an RPG and fun to play without beeing good in shooter style games.

I don't plan to watch it (spoilers, and I didn't watch the first episode for the same reason), but I'm glad to see these coming out. One, because I know people like them, and two because it gives me confidence that the current release date will stick.
It better but lets just say it wouldn't be the first time CDPR invested heavily in a pre-launch campaign, and suddenly decided to push back the release again. We'll see.

Never understood the concept of smart weapons. Seems like a cheat button the way they work at the moment. Will definitely stay away from them if that is the case.

Otherwise this looks pretty good and I liked that they emphasized that it is still an RPG.

Last edited:
Never understood the concept of smart weapons. Seems like a cheat button the was they work at the moment. Will definitely stay away from them if that is the case.

Otherwise this looks pretty good and I liked that they emphasized that it is still an RPG.

Well, I think smart weapons is a fun concept. Weapons interacting with chip implants/upgrades or whatever. If it is fun as a gameplay mechanic remains to be seen however.

I wonder if the three lifepaths just determine your backstory or if they actually affect how the game starts out.

According to the video each pick has a different prologue, and the background you choose affects the game in certain ways. One example would be Dragon Age Origins.

Also quests seem to be affected by your choice as well in the video.

I wonder if the three lifepaths just determine your backstory or if they actually affect how the game starts out.
Yep, they told just that in the second video. For example of you have the background Nomad you actually start outside of Night City and try to get in.

It's not like smart weapons are a new concept in fps games - Halo had the needler, Borderlands 3 had Atlas guns where you could fire a tracing round and then switch to its alternate mode to fire homing ammo to wherever that tracing round is, and even way back in Turok 2 the Cerebral Bore homed in on opponents. So we've seen that they can be fun (depending on how you like them) in previous games out there.

At least the subtitle font size on the narration is sufferable. First video linked in this article I could watch 20 seconds.. Getting less any less "hyped" by this game as time progresses..

If I understood the trailer correctly it's not only the starting point and certain dialogue unlocks affected by your background but you'll follow that background's specific story through the game. Maybe I misunderstood, but if I'm correct that's something we haven't seen in other games.

At least the subtitle font size on the narration is sufferable.
Size matters shills! :p
But seriously, I've seen some examples where subtitles are so tiny you need a microscope to read them. That's an insult to a person who has difficulties with recognizing symbols and if the font is not dyslexia friendly I have no idea why critics don't pan those designers.

Never understood the concept of smart weapons. Seems like a cheat button the way they work at the moment. Will definitely stay away from them if that is the case.
Mushrooms. That's the concept behind. You don't need such weapons with k+m, but some people don't have all fingers and some plain refuse to even try keyboardmousing a videogame.

If I understood the trailer correctly it's not only the starting point and certain dialogue unlocks affected by your background but you'll follow that background's specific story through the game. Maybe I misunderstood, but if I'm correct that's something we haven't seen in other games.

No, the lifepath doesn't matter THAT much. The (main) story is the story, and the sidequests are the sidequests; the lifepath can give you different options throughout, but they don't create three distinct storylines.

At least the subtitle font size on the narration is sufferable. First video linked in this article I could watch 20 seconds.. Getting less any less "hyped" by this game as time progresses..

If you were excited about this game, I would have to reconsider my 6 year long anticipation for it.

I don't like the streetkid hoodlum choice, like at all. That is one aspect of the game that doesn't thrill me, it seems a bit too "gangsta" in its overall theme and tone. The street youth gangbanger origin story just emphasizes that unappealing, repelling aspect to an even higher degree.

The nomad story at least seems more interesting and appealing. I like the "value family and freedom" theme, and the desert setting in that one. Probably will be the story I choose upon first starting the game.

Then I can also see the appeal of playing the corporate story, where it seems you are an executive type with a possible spy/assassin type focus? and it appears that you do "dirty work" for other cutthroat, ruthless executives.

I don't like the streetkid hoodlum choice, like at all. That is one aspect of the game that doesn't thrill me, it seems a bit too "gangsta" in its overall theme and tone. The street youth gangbanger origin story just emphasizes that unappealing, repelling aspect to an even higher degree.

Not telling you what to like, but gangs, punk, all that stuff is and has always been a major part of Cyberpunk. It had to be in there. Just be glad that it's not the only choice.

Not telling you what to like, but gangs, punk, all that stuff is and has always been a major part of Cyberpunk. It had to be in there. Just be glad that it's not the only choice.

Yea, I know, that is why I was always lukewarm towards this game from the beginning. It just isn't a setting that I find that interesting.

But since it is CDProject, and I'm a huge fan of their Witcher 3 game, that is why I'm interested. Also the graphics, and other aspects like the futuristic city simulation and that its the most hyped "cutting edge" game coming out also makes me more interested than I otherwise would have been.

I don't like…

The nomad story at least seems more interesting and appealing.
Well I'm on the opposite side.
Nomad background suspiciously feels as GTA taxi driver rubbish so there is an almost zero chance I pick that one. The other two however, can't decide which one I like more. :)

Back
Top Bottom