The Witcher 2 - Gameplay Video @ GameStar

This is coming along nicely.

Load screens:
Witcher 1: ~700
Witcher 2: ~4

lol

According to NeoGAF (I don't remember hearing that during the presentation, but maybe I wasn't paying enough attention...since I would never want to take the blame, I'm going to blame the distracting polish accent! :p) the facial animations were not implemented for the presentation, which would explain why all the characters looked like zombies when speaking.

I never used the iso view in The Witcher. Being that you only controlled one character, I didn't really see the purpose of it.

I never used the iso view in The Witcher. Being that you only controlled one character, I didn't really see the purpose of it.

I could clearly see who was wailing on my behind, assess threats, and do really neat somersault-y flippy things over crowds before catching them in an arc of aard.

edit: Aard-arc. Tee hee.

Perhaps, but, other than seeing behind you, all those things could be done in 3rd person.

I guess I just find the closer view to be more immersive.

Have they stated that there definitely isn't going to be an isometric option in TW2?

Maybe I lack the WASD proficiency then. I tried the OTS view but couldn't manage to dodge/jump exactly where I wanted, quickly enough. With isometric it just took a double click and it happened.

edit: I'm not sure, but it makes things much simpler if you don't have isometric as they don't have to worry about hiding ceilings and multiple levels.

I don't think I ever used the isometric/zoomed out view for The Witcher.

For party-based games like NWN/2 and DA I use it all the time in battles, but sometimes switch to 1st person for exploring.

I used the isometric view pretty much the entire game. I tried the third-person view briefly, but it feels too fast to me, like you're sprinting everywhere (of course, that's just my perception of it, the speed isn't any different, it merely feels that way).

Back
Top Bottom