The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - News Roundup

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I have more infomation to share about The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt as it seems ro be a busy week for CD PROJEKT RED. Up first I have the new E3 presentation from today.

Next I found a new video interview from E3 at Gametrailers.

CD Projeckt Red's Executive Producer stops by All Access to talk about The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
Then I found a new article on Dual Shockers with a few twitter replies.

Following the reveal a few days ago CD Projekt RED is disseminating more information about the upcoming The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt through its official Twitter account.

We learn that the developer is “looking into” cross-platform save import, even if they can’t make any promise yet. It might prove rather relevant considering that The Witcher 2 was on PC and Xbox 360, while its sequel will be on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

The developer also mentioned that we’ll get more gameplay footage “sooner than we expect,” which probably means that we’re going to see some at E3.

Finally, they also confirmed that horse racing, portrayed in the screenshot below, will be one of the minigames included in the game.
And for last I have five resons why you should buy the game from crashwiki.

With The Witcher 3 pre-order announced nearly a year before the game hits store shelves a lot of gamers are wondering if it’s worth it. While the first Witcher was innovative, and the second one amazing, what’s in store for the third? We’re taking a look at a few good reasons to buy, or not buy.
More information.

Well, the gameplay looks.... really good, hard to say without trying oneself though.

The blood puddles behave strangely for anyone else? Or is that just the video compression?

Well, the gameplay looks…. really good, hard to say without trying oneself though.

Game looks like an updated TW2. I hope they can inject the charm of TW1 into it, which was missing from the sequel (for me).

Out of curiousity what did you think was better in TW 1 compared to TW2 ?

Can I try to answer that?

Generally, if you love(d) NWN, you'll like TW1 more. If you hated NWN, you'll like TW2 more.
I hate NWN and thus generally I like TW2 more.
Yea, yea, now someone will come and say something to prove this wrong… I don't care and will not change my opinion on the Aurora matter.

However…
IMO TW1 had better music and collecting cards was fun. For TW2 devs decided to drop cards and insist on sometimes really annoying QTE. That was a bad design decision and definetly not charming! :D

For TW3 we already know (and is seen from gameplay vid) that there will be no QTE and the music is far better than TW2 one. Since it's openworld, comparing the engine to Aurora or the one used in TW2 is unnecessary.
The only one question remains - can we have collectibles (cards) back please?

Speaking for myself, The Witcher I had three rural villages, two of which were surrounded by open-looking countryside (third by a large swamp) and several 'points of interest', as well as an expansive city with a really filthy-looking section that exemplified the popular view of medieval slums.
This gave it a certain 'charm' that was lacking from Witcher II. La Valette Castle and its town looked glorious, but lacked any smaller-scale charm; Flotsam was an outpost (effectively under siege by monsters and Scoia'tael) that seemed to lack real poverty, although its nonhuman residents were clearly disadvantaged. Vergen was a 'mining town', once prosperous and now in decline, but not poor. Loc Muinne was a pile of ruins temporarily inhabited by sorcerors and soldiers.

Because of the choice of locations, Witcher II simply didn't have any real examples of the urban and rural poverty charm that you could find in the first game.
Maybe the camp brothel during Act II came closest.

I did not miss it that much, but I can imagine some people did. I also think that it did add flavour and atmosphere; Witcher II had enough other stuff (comparative to its size), but a big open world game could certainly use it.

BTW, that gryphon looked both filthy and nasty. Usually in modern fantasy it's a 'commodified' handsome, quasi-majestic animal, the feathered pony (sometimes warhorse) of the skies. This one looks like he'll bite yourhead off, rip out your entrails and use your corpse for nest stuffing.

I can't say that I have liked TW I more or less than I did TW II but I DO think that in the first game devs went for the detail (and there were some lovely little touches there) and in the second they went for the scope. You just can't have it all I guess…

That's exactly what they promises for TW3. ;)

I think it's because of the fish-lens view that triggers when Geralt uses his senses. At least, that's what it looks like to me.

That would made sense, but they still smudge through stuff strangely to me. They also looks displaced compared to the rest of the very detailed textures around them, but it might not be that bad when you play the game.

I wonder if there is any replayability built in to the system or will the griffon always be there and always leave the same trail?

Also, will there be any real tracking or hunting of monsters or will we just press a button that will highlight a fablesque trail to follow?

Last edited:
I wonder if there is any replayability built in to the system or will the griffon always be there and always leave the same trail?

Also, will there be any real tracking or hunting of monsters or will we just press a button that will highlight a fablesque trail to follow?

These are good questions.

My guess is, these events will be scripted. Why do I think that? Well, the Griffon's blood trail conveniently leads you right through a scripted sequence of a woman being attacked, and one of the dialog options is "I'm hunting a griffon." and she says to come back later when you're done with the hunt. That leads me to believe that this particular hunt is scripted and not dynamic.

I could be wrong, we'll see. It would be cool if the hunts were dynamic and not all scripted events.

These are good questions.

My guess is, these events will be scripted. Why do I think that? Well, the Griffon's blood trail conveniently leads you right through a scripted sequence of a woman being attacked, and one of the dialog options is "I'm hunting a griffon." and she says to come back later when you're done with the hunt. That leads me to believe that this particular hunt is scripted and not dynamic.

I could be wrong, we'll see. It would be cool if the hunts were dynamic and not all scripted events.

Good points. I suppose they could be randomly generated per play through but somehow I doubt it.

Way more fun and interesting characters, quests, and in my opinion story. More monsters, more mythology, better/bigger/more varied locations. I can name all kinds of interesting stuff from part one, but when it comes to part 2 i think i remember some little Succubus side quest that was interesting. Really, part 2 was a bunch of recycled human enemies over and over again. Nothing like the horrifying vampiric terrors awaiting you in the crypts of part one.

The original was a darker, more fantasy themed tale of mutated supernatural monster slayers. It was ABOUT being a Witcher, which I felt was nearly irrelevant in the sequel. The factions were more diverse and fun, I liked the siding w/ the Squirrels or the Order angle, I played thru as each and had a good time both times.

What was I doing in Witcher 2 again? Oh yeah, i have to run to go meet some co-conspirator or something. I'm sorry, we're talking a bunch of "political intrigue" type shit vs the monster mash of the original I'm gonna go w/ the latter for overall "fun" factor.

Alchemy was also better in the first game, you got a "secondary ingredient" for example that further enhanced what you could make. I liked the original game's inventory system better as well, especially when using alchemy.

Did they patch out the "can only drink potions while meditating" thing? That was a total pain in the ass that wasnt an issue in the first game.

I personally didnt mind the combat in the original, i liked how Geralt would shift up into higher gears and really get furious and start whipping around like a maniac. Part 2 had blocking and such, and ultimately was a better system. Overall however, I am now considering installing Witcher again due to all the talk, yet I have no desire to play 2 again. It just seemed to drag on forever, i just wanted it to end

I could go on, tired of typing tho

Last edited:
Looks great overall, but is it just me or does Geralt look different than in the previous games? I'm not talking about changes due to a new engine. He looks more human now imo with slightly different facial features. I'm not sure I like it.

Back
Top Bottom