50 years of Monty Python's Flying Circus

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
… And now for something completely different …

It turns out that this show turned 50 this month. Earlier this month. In fact, it's a month. A month is a really good time, eh ?

Now, a month isn't able to sleep like a parrot does. Parrots LOVE sleeping ! Everyone knows that. Especially people in a certain Ministry.

Now … Let's think of this month turning 50. It's quite a sophisticated assumption, isn't it ? I mean, stretching time so much that a mere month turns 50 …
I do love this spice of surrealism, indeed. It spices up space like the spice girls did spice up music.

Now, what would we call this month ? "Folks, I've just turned 50 !" Nah, too long.
Maybe "the buddy who turned 50" ? Nah, too long, either.
Well, what's about calling it "the parrot, that extrnded its sleep oh so slightly that everyone would be able to call it 'a month' " ? Well, that's just great !

Okay, now let's all just call this month this way !

… and now for something completely different …

A station in my area had a two day marathon last weekend to celebrate the milestone, I pvr'd a bunch and have been watching them on and off. I just re-watched the ones with the dead bishop on the landing and the Spam song during lunch. Oh, and the station that did this never cuts content, so yeah, well worth watching.

I prefer the naughty bits.

Heh-heh. Just recently I had a talk with my junior colleagues and recited a Monty Python joke (it was a silly comment about policemen who are transvestite, but not all of them are transvestite, Yours truly: Mrs.).

These young people just froze in horror with pale faces and asked me why am I so cruel.
I answered: I'm cruel because I'm your boss, but know this: this joke is not cruelty, this is something what we call "satire", which is a sophisticated form of the concept we call "humor".
Their reply was full of rage: this is not right, this is so wrong, what's wrong with me, why is the hatred, etc, etc, etc.
I was super amused. Heh heh.

Long hail Monty Python and their totally non-PC insanity!
Also, long hail our times when we could make jokes like this without enraging people.

Don't you know that Finland song ?

Also good opportunity to mention one of the greatest game intros of all times.

The Game is "Biing!" an humorous adult hospital simulation, named after the machine with the Biing! from the Monty Python Sketch. It uses quite a bit of the nonesensical humor Monty Python is known for. And a great example for that is it's intro, which has (almost) nothing to do with the game. I was actually quite surprised that there is even an english version:

Last edited:
Boom! The door slams open. In jump a cadre of cardinals.

"Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!", yells their leader, eyes bulging.

The scantily clad vestal virgins shriek then hastily cover themselves.

"Oh wait… wrong room. Sorry!"

My immediate response to this video, is ALL YOUR HOSPITALS ARE BELONG TO US!! :)

Norwegian Blue (or dead parrot) is probably my favorite sketch of all time. It's amazing how much comedy they can get out of such a simple conversation.

Yub, I remember how I actually brought a VHS with that video to school after we had that sketch in english lessons. ^^

I liked the 'Dead Indian' one too.!! :) Mind you, I liked nearly all of the sketches!!!! :D

Here's a bunch:

P.S. I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth so anyway....

There was a song about Finland but I don't think it was in Flying Circus, was it?

I think so. Because I have it on an Monty Python music CD.

"Always look on the broght side of life" is also on music CD. Maybe that same one. Or another one. Or a different one. Or, maybe, THE PARROT STOLE IT 1111!!!111eleven !!!

Nothing to do with Monty Python, but since a finnish colleague linked this Stig song, that guy is my main association to Finland. ^^

Back
Top Bottom