Greedfall - First major Patch

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The first major patch for Greedfall has been released:

Greetings Legates of the Merchant Congregation,

We are happy to release our first major patch for GreedFall today!
Thank you for the support and love we have received so far!

We are really grateful to all the legates who tried out our Beta Patch and sent us their feedback.
Those were very really helpful and greatly helped our teams out.

You can already check out the change log for this brand new patch:

Patch 1 Change log

Feature:

• The size of subtitles can now be changed.
  • Camera bobbing rectified: players will have more control over the camera.
  • Invert X-Axis option added.
Quest fixes:

• Several quests have been fixed, among them...
  • The quest " The Prince's Secret ", unlocks as intended.
  • Trials of Water can now be continued as intended (this issue was based on "The Prince's Secret" not unlocking properly).
  • Vasco's first personal quest now works properly.
  • The Seeds will unlock the sanctuary during the main quest.
  • The black box can now be properly opened after following Ruben.
Localization:

• The Chinese, Portuguese, Polish, and Russian localizations have been improved thanks to players' feedback.
  • Both French and English localizations have received several corrections.
Gameplay:

• The mage skill "Ranged Shadow Impact" has been modified.
  • Some aggro areas have been improved.
Engine:

• Keyboard binding issue is now debugged: most key bindings should be working properly from now on.
  • The trophy 'Curiosity Cabinet" is now fixed.
  • Some crashes have been dealt with.
SFX:

• A musical fade-out was added in an important death cutscene.
Cutscenes:

• The camera has been moved to offer a better view of the scene during some quest dialogues.

Please feel free to notify us if you are encountering any issues or would like to send us feedback.

Time to sail back to Teer Fradee!
More information.

Hmm major must mean something different in Greedland. I think the word in American would be incidental. Not that the game needs all that much patching anyway. It is pretty sturdy all things considered.

To be fair, it's major in the sense that they seem to have taken steps to address a number of the "fixable" points raised in reviews that I've seen. I'd suggest that gives the impression that they are listening to feedback, and are willing to improve the experience, not just bugfix.

Note that I haven't yet played this one - it's on my birthday list in a week or so ;)

The cutscene fix is good. So often there'd be a dialog, and the camera would be completely blocked by one of the characters standing in the way.

But yes, the game was really smooth at launch. I've noticed a few typos, but nothing major. One big bug happened: when I killed the guy in charge in the training pit (not the arena), he got knocked through the wall and became un-lootable.

Not sure how they'd fix this but: it feels like battles are either super-easy with almost zero effort involved. Or impossible. Even some creatures in the woods near the beginning can tear me up in seconds. And it's an ambush: I simply cannot beat that encounter. I know, I know, come back later… I will. But it still feels like difficulty is just Really Easy or Damn Near Impossible. And when it's difficult like that, you basically get no time to do anything about it, even with the pause feature.

Not sure how they'd fix this but: it feels like battles are either super-easy with almost zero effort involved. Or impossible. Even some creatures in the woods near the beginning can tear me up in seconds. And it's an ambush: I simply cannot beat that encounter. I know, I know, come back later… I will. But it still feels like difficulty is just Really Easy or Damn Near Impossible. And when it's difficult like that, you basically get no time to do anything about it, even with the pause feature.

If an enemy is a much higher level than your party, you can see it before you engage them because they'll have a skull icon next to their health bar. If you're not sure, go into sneak mode and get close enough to focus on them before they see you.

Some enemies are going to be tough the first time you face them regardless of level because you don't know what they can do. i.e. inflict poison, etc. Once you know what they're capable of, prepare the appropriate counter before you engage them. I never felt like enemies were impossible unless they were simply too high a level at the time.

I purchased the game again since the camera patch is in - nope, I'm still getting sick. Plus, it seem to run worse than before on my PC. I have no idea why. Played around with settings but can't get it run smoothly anymore.

Tried a mod?

I'm thinking of picking up console version since I will sit further away from the screen.

Major Patch! *salutes* I've never served under a better officer.

(so much about what means "major")

Is the "sickening" effect from "mouse acceleration"?

I find there's a kind of momentum to the camera. Instead of just stopping when the control input is stopped, the camera still moves just a little, as if it's slowed quickly as it's stopped. I don't get sick from the game, but this momentum feel to movement and camera gives it a sense of drunkenness to me. It's unpleasant to me, but not horrible.

I'm not sure if mouse acceleration is the correct term here.

Back
Top Bottom