RPGWatch Forums - View Single Post - Baldur's Gate 3 - Good-Aligned Companions?
View Single Post

November 30th, 2021, 18:38
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
If you're that sensitive, go play My Little Pony or something.
This actually exists. Shocking, isn't it ?
It's an pen & paper role-playing game / setting and it is called "Tales Of Equestria".

Me, on the other hand, i get so much bored these days by all of these … "less likeable characters".

I'm oh so much bored by all of this "dark & gritty & heavy metal" influence in modern games.

Every second game in the news promises to be more dark, more serious, more brutal, more dark, and - of course - more "mature" - whatever this is.
It is to me as if denying that changing dirty diapers is a fully "mature" tast is totally okay.

This is an enrirely NEW definition of the word "mature" : Most brutal.

What is ACTUALLY mature gets denied, because people don't want to have that in games - like dishwashing, for example.
Divinity 1 actually has it.

Thus, the term "mature" is in fact nothing but an IMAGE of what especially young people BELIEVE is "mature" : All brutality one could imagine, but no dirt, no ugly coloured sweaters, no RESPONSIBILITY for the OWN actions … And no song like "In the Ghetto" by Elvis Presley …

The word "mature" regarding games is nothing but some kind of Disneyland-image.
A brutal one, though, as the supporters of that image want it to be.

No "real reality", please !
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)