Venetica - Finally Approved for Steam Release

The company that did this is now working on action RPG in Dark Souls vein with Tom Gop, is it not?

Yes. Deck 13 is working with an ex-CDPR dev on an action-RPG for City Interactive.

Venetica is an enjoyable game, just a bit underbudgeted.

Venetica has been available DD elsewhere for six months or so. Why anyone would want to actually reward steam for it's completely arbitrary (WarZ? Come on in, no questions asked, we'll even reinstate you once people complain about you being a scam. Drakensang, already in under another publisher? Greenlight for you!) approval process is quite beyond me.

Can anyone give us an update, why it's been almost a year and still no release?

Thanks

Thanks Siannah !

That's a good idea, though I do hope to have it on Steam or GOG, one day.

ooh! This looks like a game I need to try out. Sad to see them bankrupt though, will surely pick it up from gamersgate one day.

ooh! This looks like a game I need to try out. Sad to see them bankrupt though, will surely pick it up from gamersgate one day.
It has a good original story, with a strong female lead. The combat is sort of average and console-ish. The world is unique looking and has well acted NPCs.

You can buy it now (on steam). But the reviews from metacritic are just so so .

The first rule of metacritic is that you don't use it for games which cost less than 20M$. ;)

Yes. Deck 13 is working with an ex-CDPR dev on an action-RPG for City Interactive.

I'm really glad to hear that Deck 13 is still in business - I thought they would go under along with their publisher. However, I'm very disappointed that they aren't able to make a sequel to Venetica. Very charming hidden gem. Hopefully a sequel will appear one day.

Back
Top Bottom