Dragon's Dogma - Review @ GameBanshee

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Earlier in the week, GameBanshee posted a review of the console RPG, Dragon's Dogma. There's no score as usual but the overall result is positive, depsite heavy criticism of the quest design and storytelling:
I feel it's a testament to Dragon's Dogma's strengths that, despite the fact that I value quest design, multiple solutions, and meaningful non-combat gameplay very highly in role-playing games, I still enjoyed my time with the title a lot. Ultimately, Dragon's Dogma is a title that does almost as much wrong as it does right, but as long as one appreciates what it does well, it's an extremely satisfying experience. While Capcom might have had problems writing a narrative worth its salt or decent quests, it crafted a world deserving to be explored and experienced, with plenty of fun moments to offer, and offered a genuinely interesting and deep action combat system to the players. If that sounds appealing to you, it's certainly well worth a try.
More information.

I wonder if there will be a pc version down the road? I have an xbox 360 but use it mostly for kinect titles and I like to play RPG's on the PC. Sounds like an open exploring type RPG which is my favorite.

I wonder if there will be a pc version down the road?

I doubt it, but you never know. If Dark Souls can get a PC port then I'm sure Dragon's Dogma can as well.

I wouldn't have high expectations if it did get ported though.. Capcom has a history of mediocre PC ports.

Back
Top Bottom