Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Releases September 2

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
With the second beta coming shortly Owlcat has also made the release date for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous public, which is September 2nd.

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Releases September 2 on PC

Second Beta for Owlcat Games' Classic Isometric CRPG Now Available to Backers; Wishlist the Title via Steam and GOG Today

Moscow, Russia, May 5, 2021 - Owlcat Games has announced that the second beta for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is now available on Steam for backers who contributed to the title's Kickstarter or Slacker Backer campaigns in the relevant tiers. Fans that had access to the game's first beta may simply update their file to participate in the second beta. As the last playable version of the game before launch, the second beta, which spans the title's first four chapters, includes new content such as Crusade gameplay, new side quests, an intelligent weapon companion, a weather system and more. Additionally, the second beta comprises all content featured in the first beta.

The studio also announced that the final retail version of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous will launch September 2 for PC via Steam and GOG. Fans may wishlist the game on their preferred platform today. Owlcat will share its plans for consoles in the near future.

Fans are able to learn more regarding the core experience of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous' Crusade gameplay during the title's second beta. As its name suggests, players will be able to lead armies as a Crusade commander and fight against demonic armies through strategic army management and tactical turn-based combat (inspired by Heroes of Might and Magic III classics). New side quests will also be available to fans for the first time during this beta, in addition to a talking enchanted weapon that acts as a mini-companion. Finnean, a weapon/mini-companion whose development was funded after reaching a Kickstarter goal, will be available to players at the Ancientries and Wonders Shop.

Other features making their debut during Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous' second beta include a new weather effects system that simulates wind, snow, rain and lightning storms, enemy dismemberment, Slacker Backer-funded dinosaur pets and mounts, the final UI design for most in-game systems, including combat, character creation, and inventory, enhanced tutorials for newcomers, never-before-seen art assets, balance fixes for the Core difficulty level, and new abilities and archetypes for certain classes.

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous will launch for PC via Steam and GOG on September 2. Fans may wishlist the game on their preferred platform today or pre-order at wrath.owlcatgames.com.
More information.

Nice! Installing it right now as I have the day off and its raining out. Been waiting for this update since it was first announced. Since the full game is so far out might as well do another round of beta :)

Nice! Installing it right now as I have the day off and its raining out. Been waiting for this update since it was first announced. Since the full game is so far out might as well do another round of beta :)
It's definitely worth it, I'm sure.
We can't copy them here, but you'll find the list of changes and known issues in their beta forums or on the Discord beta channel :)

My goodness another game to add to my pile...

Which means it'll probably be sufficiently patched up by next March. I look forward to playing it in the refined form.

Yeah I 'm not a troll but I fully expect a ton of hot-fixes and patches. If you are a game developer, you would know with every fix you make, you might break something else.

Especially with larger open world games. Hence why Bethesda games are buggy as hell.

Yet again I'm reminded that I need to finish the first Pathfinder, so I guess maybe I'll look forward to this one sometime next year.

Moment of truth for them. They said they'd avoid repeating the release problem of the 1st game, and I hope they can otherwise that's the type of remark that will pursue them.

It's quite a complex system they have, even considering just the classes... Fortunately a good part is coming from Kingmaker so they didn't start from scratch.

Also, they get the reports from all the beta testers, but only for the beta part, so not in chapters 5-6, and not with the remaining mythic paths. Most developers proceed like that, it's probably a small risk they're willing to pay so they don't have to reveal the whole story. Most of the hairy stuff is tested enough in the beta anyway.

Fortunately we can still play AAA titles from experienced companies that are not released with many bugs ;) (yes, it's sarcasm)

Kingmaker had the same problem with the poor state of the last act. I remember playing it on release and getting a few game stopping bugs. Mostly due to endgame errors.

Heck even months after release a few game ending bugs were still preset.:(

Yet again I'm reminded that I need to finish the first Pathfinder, so I guess maybe I'll look forward to this one sometime next year.
It will be a nice introduction to Pathfinder :) They have a nice tutorial system in WotR but the number of classes, abilities and feats, plus the extra layer of the mythic paths give a somewhat overwhelming choice to the player who's not familiar with the ruleset. At least you'll already have a pretty good idea when starting WotR after Kingmaker.

Seems like a good time to me. Roughly after summer time, nice opportunity to chill and play some good CRPG.

They finally fixed the wolf companion in the second beta patch. I have two characters going. Same one but trying out two classes to see which I prefer. Sylvan Sorcerer with wolf or level 4 knife master rogue with level 16 Sacred Hunter with wolf. The latter is what I finished Kingmaker with as my main although I also played Kingmaker through with a Sylvan Sorcerer. One fits my character Wulver best (Sylvan Sorcerer) but the dual class one is the best for damage and overall flexibility - able to scout ahead, remove traps, back stab, have an animal and very useful spells and team feats ... so touch call between them.

Mythic path ... going to be hard as I worship Desna and like the freedom path but don't want the other animal companion. One animal only :p

That's a little sooner than I thought.

I'm expecting a solid game, but I also expect there will be multiple patches and tweaks in the months following. That's not a knock against the game or Owlcat in the least. It's just that it seems to be inevitable for games like this.

Can you avoid the kingdom building this time? I played the 1st chapter of the first game through a couple times but quit as soon as I had to micro-manage.

Can you avoid the kingdom building this time? I played the 1st chapter of the first game through a couple times but quit as soon as I had to micro-manage.

Later on they added an auto-manage option for the kingdom building part, which made it much more enjoyable. You have to enable it right at the start though, or it gets a bit wonky.

They said during the presentation that it could be switched off completely and that it would then continue in the background, a little like the AUTO setting rjshae mentions for Kingmaker.

Later on they added an auto-manage option for the kingdom building part, which made it much more enjoyable. You have to enable it right at the start though, or it gets a bit wonky.
It was still risky from what I've read, even long after the release, because it wasn't prioritizing events, and could finally drop events that were indispensable to make the campaign go forward ;) Thankfully this time around, both are more decorrelated, and normally the player shouldn't fail because of timed events / quests anymore.

This beta has some very nice upgrades. The game is looking beta than ever. There are a ton of code messages in everything (i.e. in the GUI you see code numbers, unlinked values, other stuff) but that is just visual. The game itself is playing very nice and looks really good. Noticing all kinds of improvements.

Excited for this. Graphics-wise, is this at about the same level as Kingmaker?

Back
Top Bottom