DA: Awakening - Review @ Eurogamer

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
John Walker of RPS has his review of DA: Awakening up on Eurogamer.com. Bioware's expansion is highly praised and lands a 9/10 score.
Awakening is a mighty fine addition to the Dragon Age canon, and a rewarding continuation of its story. Perhaps most interestingly, the volume of choices you make leads to what might be an even more variable ending than the previous one. There are some incredibly tough choices to be made, some peculiar allegiances to form, and a region to save from the darkspawn. You're a Grey Warden, it's your duty.
More information.

Good review! Eurogamer surprises…

More quotes

"While a quarter of the size of Dragon Age, Awakening is still absolutely enormous. At 25 hours, your £20 is buying you a game three times as long as some things twice the price, and it's every bit as rich and involved as the original."

but

"However, the Orfans' series of quests also reveals Awakening's biggest problem: a tendency to fizzle out. Finishing their list of challenges ends in, well, nothing. No consequences at all. … This seems to be a perennial issue with RPGs, but it's so unsatisfying. Then the overall ending to Awakening, while certainly dramatic and enormous, comes to a close too quickly, lacking the after-show party that made Dragon Age's finale so rewarding."

Normally I don't tend to go by reviewer scores, but John Walker is a very fine game journalist if you ask me. I do kind of get the feeling that everyone is slightly disappointed with the expansion pack, as if they are all saying "It's Dragon Age, but not as good". But it's still a very fine deal by the looks of this!

Time! Time! Woe is me!
But i only get 25 hours?? So if i buy it for 25 bucks i pay a dollar an hour!

**wailing and gnashing of teeth ensues**

Back
Top Bottom