Rampant Games - Indie News Roundup

Dhruin

SasqWatch
There's a new indie RPG roundup at Tales of the Rampant Coyote. Avadon, Planet Stronghold, Dungeon Legend, Dungeon Brawl, Din's Curse: Demon War and plenty more all get a mention. As usual, there are quite a few jRPGs but also some other discoveries - here's a snip on Dungeon Legend (and check out the video):
A third-person dungeon-crawler made in Unity for Mac / PC, this game advertises turn-based combat. The video shows very satisfying dice-roll sounds when you search for loot. It’s due this summer, and is currently in alpha testing. This is a pretty exciting little development that looks awesome. Hopefully it will play as well as it looks.
More information.

Dungeon legend looks like it could be a fun diversion. Love the voiced description of the deadly... wait for it... rat :)
Looks Frayed Knights is also coming along nicely. Could this be a year with both excellent indies and major releases and only 15 days of vacation left? Arrgh...

Hmm I always love these reports I always seem to find a game that snuck through the cracks.

I was kinda surprised this time about the relative dearth of jRPG-style games. Some months I feel like I should just call it the Indie jRPG and Friends News Round-Up. On the one hand, I'm pinching myself with glee over all the interesting western-style indie cRPGs recently released or in development. But then I think, "Oh, yeah, of course, THIS is the year I finally release Frayed Knights, and the competition comes outta the woodwork." *Sigh*

Still, I feel pretty comfortable with how FK is coming, mainly because it's pretty unique and stands out from all the competition pretty well.

So - overall - good stuff. Now just to find the time to PLAY!!!!

Dungeon Legend looks interesting enough to keep an eye on. The voices are pretty cheesy though.

I was kinda surprised this time about the relative dearth of jRPG-style games. Some months I feel like I should just call it the Indie jRPG and Friends News Round-Up. On the one hand, I'm pinching myself with glee over all the interesting western-style indie cRPGs recently released or in development. But then I think, "Oh, yeah, of course, THIS is the year I finally release Frayed Knights, and the competition comes outta the woodwork." *Sigh*

Still, I feel pretty comfortable with how FK is coming, mainly because it's pretty unique and stands out from all the competition pretty well.

So - overall - good stuff. Now just to find the time to PLAY!!!!

PLAY!!!!! There's time to actually Play games?? I usually only have time to read about them!! :) Hey Jay, had a great idea- should I treat you like the big AAA companies and write my review of FK now so it's ready upon release??!! :D

Yeah, I need to figure out if there is a way I can exist without sleeping. I'm pretty sure that's the only way I'm going to have time to finish my backlog of games!

I'm already down to just 5 hours of sleep a night. Dunno if I could compress it any more than that.

Corwin - I love the idea, just need to brush up on my superlatives: "Fantastic!" "Orgasmic!" "Cosmic!" "Nutritious!" "Noisome!"

Uh, wait, what does "noisome" mean again...?

Noisome means, "Rah Rah, ah ah ah, rah, ma, rahmamama, ga ga, oh la la la" Still love that song, but that part is rather noisome….which is a very good thing :D

I only know Manamana.

;)

Back
Top Bottom