The Witcher 2 - Patch 1.2 announced for next week

Connection error. Retrying in ten seconds.

Not impressed with their online system. They tried to make a friendly DRM and it failed.

Just another example of why you should always wait at least 6 months before playing any of today's games...

Errr, what's a G35 issue?

wow, can you imagine how many people own such a device for them to release a patch that has this as the main objective . Guys, i think we should buy ourselves one of those !!!

Where is the official forum anyway? Can't find it on thewitcher.com.
My Mysterios Merchant DLC code is still "Invalid", also no "Troll Trouble" DLC on the list. I am not impressed at all.

Where is the official forum anyway? Can't find it on thewitcher.com.
My Mysterios Merchant DLC code is still "Invalid", also no "Troll Trouble" DLC on the list. I am not impressed at all.

1.1 patch installed it as standard content - don't think it should show up in DLC list anymore as it is now patched in content rather than DLC. Not sure about the mysterious merchant code issue though.

Patience please. Only a week passed since the game was released and this won't be some sucking up to community quickfix but a proper patch.
For other games, yes Saxon, you would wait months for a proper patch. For this game, it's different.
And besides, many of us didn't have any (noticable or gamestopper) issues, but ok, I'm certain we won't object on a few frames more and the community already made fixes for two messed up sidequests. ;)

Amazing how the internet people complain about every single issue on every single game like they are a special snowflake.

The game is amazing. It does have a few issues like a very unpolished inventory UI or a strangely hard prologue, but quite honestly its the best fun i've had in years in a PC.
PLayed it on my gamming rig on ultra graphics and in a laptop in low graphics and the game looks and feels awesome all-round.

The game was released 1 week ago, and CD-project (mind you, its not a giant like blizzard, Bioware,etc) already have 2 patches scheduled for release, and still... people complain.

I hope they add some kind of fast travel.

A applaud them for patching quickly - but I think they were forced to since they are a small concern and *any* bad publicity will be very detrimental. That said, I do think not getting DLC you paid for on day 1 is shoddy, and I would complain if this was Bioware or any other company. I have no been able to access any DLC - and I'm quite far into the game now. I think the QA/testing people didn't do a very thorough job and have let the other members of the CDP team down.

edit: I also note that support for non 16:9 is not imminent - despite some arb person from CDP implying it would be in soon after launch. That was another bad choice in my opinion. I'm playing it with the bars but they do bug me rather a lot (25% of my vertical screen is gone).

Why not use GoG ?

Because many ppl are used to have a media with the game on it and shiny paper manual instead of PDF. ;)
But digital download and digital stores are the future. No more junk CDs, boxes, manuals all around the bed in your room! :)

Probably noone who bought the game from GOG had a problem. That includes me.

Most problems seem to emerge from the russian market, seems that 1C company, who distributed the game there, did some nasty things to it. Dunno which ones as I don't speak russian, but words they post on the support area are not "benign".

Another most common thing is when you bought the game and during installation your "rig" yells CRC ERROR!
Do as one of forum members here suggested a week ago if you can't wait for the patch. Get the torrent, use your key after installation to register the game. It will work. And you're practically doing nothing illegal as you've bought the game.

coaster you're right, all DLCs are free to customers. This ain't EA.

Sigh and I still can't review Witcher 1 because registration has been off line for a week (you have to register so you can download the patches for the $45 disk version that is old; naturally my interest in reviewing the story occurred due to witcher 2 release so naturally they disable login/registration for witcher 1 when witcher 2 came out. Who gives a foobar about witcher 2 patches; give us registration for witcher 1

Of course I agree with you, that it is bad that they canceled the registration, I was just offering a solution. I didn't know they raised the price though. Maybe it is possible to download the patch somewhere ? or contact CD Projekt and they might send it to you.

Back
Top Bottom