The First Templar - Gone Gold

Dhruin

SasqWatch
We've posted a couple of things about The First Templar, so we might wrap up coverage of this fantasy action/adventure with news the title has gone Gold and will be released in NA on May 10:
The First Templar Goes Gold – Set for May 10 North American Release
Ridgewood, NJ, April 20, 2011 – Kalypso Media USA, Inc is pleased to announce that The First Templar, its action/adventure game for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC has gone gold. The First Templar follows the story of the brave Knights Templar as they search for the Holy Grail, and defend themselves from their enemies. The game features co-operative combat and puzzle solving in both single- and multiplayer modes, and allows for split-screen play on the Xbox 360. Kalypso will release The First Templar on both platforms on May 10 in North America. For more information, please visit www.thefirsttemplar-game.com.
The First Templar is a co-operative action adventure game, set in a dark and gritty portrayal of the late 13th Century during the Crusade where old friends become enemies, corruption spreads throughout the Church and once noble knights oppress the weak and renounce their oaths.
More information.

From what I've seen of this game it looks ok , but will suffer being released this close to the witcher 2. I will probably pick it up later though after reviews.

Yeah, I'm not getting it the week before Witcher 2 and Fable 3. I'll pick it up on a later paycheck when there isn't anything else new coming out.

20 historical locations and recreated 13th century settings sounds interesting...but fast co-operative play does not.

Also, the trailer looks kind of cheap. Will keep an eye out for reviews.

Yeah, I'm not getting it the week before Witcher 2 and Fable 3. I'll pick it up on a later paycheck when there isn't anything else new coming out.

It seems there are quite a few games with the potential to be good coming out next month.
witcher 2
fable 3
daggerdale
brink
first templar
fear 3
red faction armageddon
hunted demons forge
anyone going to give daggerdale a look? I think I will just for the d&d.

Witcher 2 and Fable 3 in the middle of the month, then FEAR 3 and Red Faction 4 at the end of the month. Then June has Duke Nukem Forever and Alice 2!

Then the Fall has Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, Risen 2 maybe and who knows what else...

It's a great time to be a PC gamer.

I wish I could claim that some of those titles interested me, but I doubt I'll be getting anything other than TW2 and DNF between now and the end of June. I might have a look at that Alice game though.

It seems there are quite a few games with the potential to be good coming out next month.
witcher 2
fable 3
daggerdale
brink
first templar
fear 3
red faction armageddon
hunted demons forge
anyone going to give daggerdale a look? I think I will just for the d&d.

Dont forget:
-Portal 2
-Street cleaning simulator
-The Sims 3: Generations (RPG for life)
-Warhammer 40k: dark millenium online

And a few others and you can wonder if PC gaming has ever known a slow gaming year.

Looks interesting... But I'll wait for a (p)review first.
Till then I'll have fun with TW2... Someone mentioned Fable3? Nah.

No one mentions heroes of might and magic 6? For shame ;)

Looks potentional. Actually curious how it plays out. but first TWitcher 2

Daggerdale will be released next month? Already?

*goes and checks*

Bloody hell, cool. I think I'll buy it. It's a DnD game after all.

But anyhow, I'm waiting on the Witcher 2 and the Duke. And as soon as I have my copy of Duke I'll go to the pub and drink a few beer. Because then it is official: The world has ended. :D

Dont forget:
-Street cleaning simulator
Ehm, the what?
-Portal 2
Played Portal 2 for c. 3 hours yesterday and can't wait to get back to it. Good puzzles, superb voice acting (well-balanced between the threatening/murderous/mocking GLaDOS and the comical/neurotic/hysterical Wheatley), nice graphics, smooth difficulty curve (at least so far), splendid playability - in other words, it's a very good game. Recommended! (Worthy something to play while waiting for The Witcher 2.)

No one mentions heroes of might and magic 6? For shame ;)

Looks potentional. Actually curious how it plays out. but first TWitcher 2

That's probably my top prospect for the year and I didn't put it in that post. The actual list of games coming out this year is phenomenal if you ask me.

will the game have any historical accuracy?

''no, its an action rpg''

:/

There's also a $10 credit if you get it on Amazon plus as always, free shipping.

I've pre-ordered it. It looks like an interesting game and I like the setting.

Note that the multiplayer cooperative mode is completely optional and you can easily player it as a single player game where just like any other party based RPG you control one member of the party and AI controls the other and you can switch which member you control at any time.

It's interesting they are billing this one as an "Action-RPG" when pretty much every 'RPG' these days is but no one every uses that term anymore. It has simply become the standard. Not even Bioware makes the old D&D style games anymore. I remember when the Elder Scrolls series first came out years ago some people cried foul at it being an RPG insisting it is actual an Action-RPG. These days such games are the standard for CRPGs.

I do agree they have terrible timing releasing this though. It's going to get overshadowed by much more high profile games like The Witcher 2 and Fable 3.

Back
Top Bottom