Skyrim Over a year later....

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

CelticFrost

SasqWatch
So I had pre-order Skyrim and picked it up the day of it's release. I started it a few times but could never really get into it.

Well for some odd reason I started a game of it this week. Maybe because things are slowing down at work for Christmas. Either way it doesn't matter, I am enjoying it for the most part.

Not sure what is different this try but I have about 16 hours into it, mostly just wondering around not doing to many of the quest. Just checking things out and seeing what caves and towns I can find.

Last edited:
A suggestion for better experience and more fun: install SkyUI and norespawn mod.

Respawns make the world feel alive. At least, outdoor respawns do.

Glad you're enjoying it, though, Celtic. It's a fantastic game. One you can get lost in.

Once you've experienced it for awhile without mods, step up to installing mods. There's some great ones that can increase the graphical qualities as well as the challenge and other interesting things.

Have fun! :)

I would suggest getting some of the great new RPG's released this year or earlier years into your backlog, instead of wasting your time on an old junk game like that. Of Course I know others here feel different, so take it as my advice only.

I would suggest getting some of the great new RPG's released this year or earlier years into your backlog, instead of wasting your time on an old junk game like that. Of Course I know others here feel different, so take it as my advice only.

That's odd advice.

He should stop wasting his time on a game he's enjoying because you don't like it???

Dunno what GothicG likes, but he should definetly stop playing *that*... thing.
:D

That's odd advice.

He should stop wasting his time on a game he's enjoying because you don't like it???

Well, he did write he is enjoying it for the most part.

And that is probably only temporary, after he starts finding out how generic and boring it is :) Let's wait and see.

Dunno what GothicG likes, but he should definetly stop playing *that*… thing.
:D

Says the guy who played it twice and endlessly praised one of the dlc's.;)

Well, he did write he is enjoying it for the most part.

And that is probably only temporary, after he starts finding out how generic and boring it is :) Let's wait and see.

Any things possible maybe he'll mod it and get 400 hours of enjoyment out of it like I did.

I can't argue whether or not vanilla sky rim is boring or generic as I played very little of it but,

After adding a hundred+ monsters, weapons and armor, more wildlife,npc's, towns, quests and totally new areas like falskaar it definitely didn't feel generic or boring to me.

I didn't have the energy to mod it to death, I think it still can't fix the broken story and gameplay no matter how much mods you add, however you are probably right that you can take a lot of the generic stuff away.

Ahh, well given how original poster didn't get back to this thread, either he stopped playing, or got tired of our stupid advice :D let's wait and see.

Skyrim is fantastic, and I'd put it well above any game released in 2014, so good luck and have fun. :)

Well, I guess I did enjoy it for the most part as I had the Christmas holidays off )2 weeks) and managed to put almost 150 hours into the game. The main story line if you can call it that was okay.

I sort of just liked wondering around and exploring for the most part. Would do some quest, then back out wondering around.

I did put it down last week and started up on Risen which has been staring me in face for the last I don't know how long.

Well, I guess I did enjoy it for the most part as I had the Christmas holidays off )2 weeks) and managed to put almost 150 hours into the game. The main story line if you can call it that was okay.

I sort of just liked wondering around and exploring for the most part. Would do some quest, then back out wondering around.

I did the same thing. I actually put 400 hours into it and only did enough of the main quest to get my shouts. I would wander for hours. It's the Only game Ive enjoyed even when I wasn't really doing anything.

Maybe one day I'll return and do it, heavily modded of course.

Wandering for hours on end is the typical Skyrim experience. It *is* a fun world to wander in, no doubt. Morrowind and Oblivion were, too.

That said, after playing the Gothic series, I'm a bit more spoiled as to what I want in an open-world RPG. I would much rather wander for hours in Gothic 2, because everything is hand-placed, and the level design is phenomenal. Plus, no level-scaling or random encounters, etc.

Still, I love Skyrim to pieces, as well as all the Elder Scrolls games, but G2 really has spoiled me…

Oh, and there's no doubt about it that Skyrim has great stories to tell. Not only the main story, but all the factions and side quests. There was always something interesting to get lost doing, and that is a big reason why so many people love the game.

Back
Top Bottom