Lord of the Rings: The White Council - Jeff Anderson Interview @ MMORPG.com

Dhruin

SasqWatch
An article-format interview with Turbine's Jeff Anderson from ComicCon is up at MMORPG.com, discussing LotRO:
Turbine's goal with LOTRO is to deliver a AAA MMORPG that really brings out the world of Tolkien. The storyline of LOTR is at the heart of the game, with players jumping in and out of the story during game play.
One of the features that have been added to the game is voice intros for different areas and Dramatic moments in the game. Basically, the goal here is to make the player feel like a part of the story. There are dozens of in game videos that carry the player throughout the story. A general example of this would be something that might be going on while the players are on their adventures. At a certain point, they may come up on a video of Gandalf trapped by Saruman realizing he won't get to meet the hobbits at the Prancing Pony Inn. The video goes on to say that he hopes Stryder will make it there to meet them. At that point, if the players go to the Prancing Pony, they will see Stryder there waiting for the Frodo and the crew to arrive. Running these story elements as a player levels up is something that Turbine is really trying to incorporate into as much of the game as possible.
More information.

It would appear that these newsbits are being put under the wrong game name in your database. I believe Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar is the Turbine mmorpg that is being referenced in the newsibits. Lord of the Rings: The White Council I believe was that EA rpg (single player?) that may or may not be dead. While one might accuse me of being overly exact, I have noticed this several times now and thought I would mention.

I want to see a solid, open world SP RPG in Tolkiens' world. After playing WoW for over two years, and still playing it, a new MMO is simply not what I'm looking for.

Back
Top Bottom