Minimal Affect - Comedy Space ARPG Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Finger Guns A comedy space action RPG called Minimal Affect is styling itself on Mass Effect.

Alright reader. Keep calm. You're going to be reading 'Affect' here rather than 'Effect' quite a few times and it's going to upset your brain. It's part of the joke. See? Like Mass Effect but not? Anyway. We can get though this Minimal Affect news piece together. Let's do it.

A comical sci-fi action RPG packed with heroics and humor developed by Toadman Studios, Minimal Affect is coming to most major consoles and Windows PC in 2021. Sold Out are on publishing duty. Both developers are part of the Enad Global 7 group (or EG7 to its friends). The announcement of Minimal Affect comes coupled with this beauty of a trailer for your peepers;

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

I enjoy games which have plenty of comedy, but only if it's within the context of an immersive story such as a good RPG. If the story is about people doing very unrealistic or unbelievable (or unbelievable stupid) things to get a laugh, then I almost certainly would have no interest.

But even if the presentation is campy and silly as in this trailer, if the story is immersive and if the comedy is funny (not to mention the gameplay being fun, of course) then I could enjoy it.

I hope it will be funny just enough. Cause if they will make it too much of a comedy instead of game they will easy pass the point when it will be funny no more.

Wow, that looks seriously unfunny to me. My guess is the gameplay won't be great either… too often "funny" games rely on the humour to cover over light and/or poor gameplay. I could be wrong though.

too often "funny" games rely on the humour to cover over light and/or poor gameplay.

I could say the opposite, too ... :D Grim looking games trying to cover poor gameplay with their look ... ;)

I could say the opposite, too … :D Grim looking games trying to cover poor gameplay with their look … ;)

I have to agree with you here. Slapping better graphics on the same game doesn't make it a great game.
---

I have to point to West of Loathing as one of the funnest rpg's I've ever played and its a side scroller filled with stick figures.

But....why? Like if you were parodying RPG’s as a whole, ok. But it seems to be a direct parody of just the Mass Effect Trilogy. I’m not sure that warrants an entire video game as opposed to like...a three minute YouTube animation.

Back
Top Bottom