Return of the Daily Smile

If I imagine the first blob as Retard Garriot and the second blob as Warren Spector, it is absolutely hilarious.

Me, mis-writing in another forum :

"There even is a beta 64 bit Clint now !"

Then I had an idea for a new advertisement slogan : "Clint Eastwood has 64 bits now !"

:lol:

borrow_your_laptop.png

a pibbur who observes that Belgians have already done this (to some degree)

PS. Come to think of it, so have Norwegians, we've added a couple of characters which sometimes look funny on other computers: æ,ø,å, Æ,Ø,Å And like lyed and rotten fish, we'll defend them until death (preferrably death of the other). DS.

The characters are OK, but the rotten fish business makes you weird ;)

I use three layouts on my PC: QWERTY US English, Serbian Latin and Serbian Cyrilic. I use English the most so that is what I'm most used to. Now, Serbian Latin is mostly the same, just with some special characters like :, ;, ', ", and [ shifted to make room for Serbian letters with diacritics like č, ć, š and ž, which is fine and easy to get used to. The only bad part is that z and y are swapped for some inexplicable reason (making the Serbian layout QWERTZ). And y doesn't even exist in Serbian Latin alphabet.

I feel good if I can use letters and numbers both, much less any special characters. My 2¢ :biggrin:

PS. Come to think of it, so have Norwegians, we've added a couple of characters which sometimes look funny on other computers: æ,ø,å, Æ,Ø,Å And like lyed and rotten fish, we'll defend them until death (preferrably death of the other). DS.

Try reading Beowulf in its original language ! You will find almost all of them there ! :lol:

Well, I just LOVE word-games ! :lol:

3a468a30fa8359bd93dc83437b665703--creepy-stuff-the-s.jpg

"Yes, ladies, that's my ColecoVision with keyboard and tape-deck attachment."

I remember Windows 1. After getting it to load, my PC just sat there. The program had used up all my available memory just loading and wasn't able to do anything else!! Ah Microsoft; it hasn't changed!! :)

I remember Windows 1. After getting it to load, my PC just sat there. The program had used up all my available memory just loading and wasn't able to do anything else!! Ah Microsoft; it hasn't changed!! :)

In 1994, I was rebooting the entire machine every 30 minutes because PowerPoint 4 had a very nasty memory leak.

Fortunately memory has become significantly more available. But of course, we still use a significant part of it for running windows.

In 1994, I was rebooting the entire machine every 30 minutes because PowerPoint 4 had a very nasty memory leak.

Back in the days of Win95, I heard a rumour about a bug causing windows to crash after running for 49 days. And I thought, how on earth did they get Win95 to run for 49 days?

a pibbur who can't/won't verify the truth and details of the above, but claims that it's at least truthish.

Edit: Apparently it's true: https://www.planetcricket.org/forums/threads/windows-crashes-in-49-7-days.20621/

Edit2: Apparently it's not only a Windows problem, but a general 2^32 (timer) overflow problem: https://github.com/letscontrolit/ESPEasy/issues/594

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom