Dead State - Kickstarter Launched!

Dhruin

SasqWatch
DoubleBear has launched the Kickstarter for Dead State - I know a lot of you have been waiting for this, so head over to pledge. They are looking for $150k over the next 29 days. The start has been a little slow compared to recent high profile projects but hopefully some more exposure will get this this cooking (Brian, if you're reading this - make more noise).
The video shows quite a bit of gameplay and here is a core feature list:
-A PC RPG with stats, skills, and perks that make a huge difference on your character’s abilities.
-Dozens of characters with branching, reactive dialogue, and randomized events that unfold over months of in-game time – player decisions and the death of loved ones can change relationships drastically.
-Turn-based combat where line-of-sight and noise affect whether you are spotted or not, making for extremely tense encounters.
-Base-building mechanics featuring multiple upgrades, NPC jobs, and item manufacturing.
-Scavenging mechanics that require players to find supplies, weapons, armor, and other items to keep their allies fed and alive.
-A morale system that factors in player success/failure, allies’ faith in the player, and the overall strength of the shelter.
-Crisis Event dialogues that factor in political maneuvering and making difficult choices that affect your whole shelter.
-Reactive AI that responds realistically to combat situations, player commands, and the state of panic from the presence of zombies.
More information.

Pledged, think I was one of the first.

Pledged. Go Brian and the team!

Promise i will pleadge decent before the ens ,Grim Dawn killed me.

I will be contributing before the end of the Kickstarter.

Pledged. Knock 'em dead, Brian and crew.

Well, no unicorns was a heavy blow, but I had to pledge anyway :)

Very good video. I appreciated the insight on the current status of product design decision making from the big company marketing departments (Zombie helicopter ftw!) ;)

Pledged, I really hope this makes it.

If I keep funding projects that look interesting I will have to start my own kickstarter with the purpose of gathering funds to use for backing more kickstarter projects.

A few weeks ago I wouldn't have given this a second thought, I'll probably back it yet before it's over but I won't do so in a hurry.

Pledged. This is starting to drain my purse, but on the other hand, I would be happy if only ONE of my most anticipated kickstarters delivers (Shadowrun, Wasteland, Dead State etc.). I think I've pledged to about 6 or 7 games now. If one of them is as good as I hope, I'll be happy. If half of them pulls through I'll be delirious. And if all of them succeeds I'm pretty sure I would break down in tears...

They are doing well, already at $22000 now. Looks like they'll easily pass 30% funding on the first day.

If I keep funding projects that look interesting I will have to start my own kickstarter with the purpose of gathering funds to use for backing more kickstarter projects.

Now this is an idea!

Already busted my gaming budget for this year...on kickstarters.

Estimated release date: december 2013. Not for so soon.

They aim at a lot of customers with their low price tag.No stretch goals either.

Estimated release date: december 2013. Not for so soon.

They aim at a lot of customers with their low price tag.No stretch goals either.

Stretch goals will be announced when the set goal is in sight:
Nick(programmer) said:
We do have some really sweet stretch goals, some things we would love to implement, if we can afford them. Pretty sure our audience will find them exciting as well. Too early to reveal that now, though.

Back
Top Bottom