AAIMIE - Not Meeting It's Goal

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
A while ago we reported on AAIMIE, a Kickstarter game that looked promising and was aiming for 7000 dollars, but with 37 hours to go it is only at 582 dollars and will probably not make it (unless something close to a miracle happens).
This however does not mean the end of AAIMIE. It will still be made, but it's release will be more limited and does not include iOS and Android versions.
More information.

It is, and that's what is actually interesting.
My problem is that I gave too much on several projects already… And I'm not giving a single cent for smartphone games. Or console ones.
See… When all that stuff gets old, not games but hardware… Where will you play those games? On an emulator probably. If someone makes one.
Or you'll pay again on getting 'em compatible with new machines and OSes on GOG.
So what's the point of investing into somethhing like that?

Last edited:
That's too bad. It looks slick. Let's hope one of our newest members can get this finished in spite of it not going through. Maybe he advertised it too early in its development cycle. But then, this is what Kickstarters are meant for - small independent projects that can't get the financing otherwise.

See… When all that stuff gets old, not games but hardware… Where will you play those games? On an emulator probably. If someone makes one.
Or you'll pay again on getting 'em compatible with new machines and OSes on GOG.
So what's the point of investing into somethhing like that?

Sooo... what's different from PC games?

Sooo… what's different from PC games?

Yes, real glad I got games for Win95. And my Apple II floppies fit perfectly in my USB ports. Well... Actually I have to push them in pretty hard ;)

What do you mean what's different?
All my PC games work on my new machine and my new OS. Okay, I had to "hack" a couple of them:
- CM01/02 says out of memory when your RAM is above 1Gb but then you use certain Microsoft's app to "lie" to the game how many megabytes you have
- Grim Fadango also needs some "adjustments".
To be honest I didn't replay every single game I own, but I'm sure all would work with or without some "hacking". You sure you'd be able to do such adjustments on smartphones? Right… I can't even fix my Viber no sound problem while in standby mode on iPhone because config files are unreachable/untouchable without cracking the phone with something called prisonbereak or something - and I'm not going to do that!

And I'm really sorry for your AppleII floppies, I bought myself an external floppy drive (plugs into USB port) for PC and I really don't care if it's probably not Mac compatible as I don't own Mac. Maybe you should contact Steve Jobs by some means… :)

Back
Top Bottom