Vigilantes - Version 12 Dev Video

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Vigilantes is now on version 12. The changes are highlighted and discussed in the developer video.

Update 16: Vigilantes Version 12 Released!

Hello!

Vigilantes version 12 is now available for download from Humble. Version 12 adds new maps, perks, weapon crafting, and you can now target specific body parts to inflict additional damage, or status effects.

If you'd like a more comprehensive rundown of the changes, you can find the full release notes here or check out the short development video below.

Thanks to Chabbrik, Nighteyes and Nomad for all the help with testing the builds on our forums, it's helping to speed up development quite a lot. Work has begun on version 13, so stay tuned for updates!

Thanks for reading and/or watching. Comments most welcome!

Talk soon,

Daithi
More information.

Glad to see the addition of targeted shots in combat for different status effects. I didn't back this, although I almost did, because I found the combat in the demo at the time of the Kickstarter to be a bit lackluster. This addition alone should help a lot.

Good luck with your game, Timeslip. I'll likely buy it at release.

Here's the changelist for those who don't want to watch the video

This thread will cover the changes made to Vigilantes Version 12. If you have any questions or comments, don't hesitate to ask!

Features

Added ability to target enemy body parts with ranged and melee attacks
Added weapon crafting
Added automatic post mission reloading
Added provisional system for basic enemies to level up to advanced types
Added additional details on attack type(Thanks HoboForEternity)

Content

Added 4 new maps
Added new Crafted Weapon: General Arms Patriot+
Added new Crafted Weapon: Reinforced Bat
Added new perk: Tough Guy
Added new perk: Deep Sleeper (Thanks Nomad)
Added new perk: Investor
Added new perk: Athletic
Added new perk: AP Bank
Wrote first drafts of 4 new encounters

Fixes

Fixed incorrect ammo type being used to craft hotloaded shotgun shells (Thanks Chabbrick)
Fixed being able to complete ally encounter missions multiple times (Thanks Nomad)
Fixed issue with "Meltdown Encounter" (Thanks Nomad)
Fixed issues with enemies being able to shoot through certain walls in the construction site maps. (Thanks Chabbrick)
Fixed first mission tutorial replaying in subsequent visits to same map (Thanks Nomad)

Tweaks

Doubled speed at which path is drawn (Thanks Drowed)

Glad to see the addition of targeted shots in combat for different status effects. I didn't back this, although I almost did, because I found the combat in the demo at the time of the Kickstarter to be a bit lackluster. This addition alone should help a lot.

Good luck with your game, Timeslip. I'll likely buy it at release.

Hey Capt. Huggy Face, thanks for your feedback. Can I ask, if you had a wishlist for improving the combat system what would it be? Given the combat orientated focus of Vigilantes, this is where we will devote the majority of any extra development time, so we're very open to suggestions in this area.

In this update, I'm planning to add 4-6 perks which give abilities which can be activated in combat, and attempt to prototype a cone of fire for shotgun weapons. Also considering a system whereby some enemies will attempt to flee from combat later in development, forcing you to choose between engaging attacking enemies, or breaking away to prevent them escaping and thereby leveling up. These aren't confirmed features yet, but they will at least be attempted.

@Timeslip
If you want to improve combat perhaps add some hazards to the map which could help/hinder you if you use them. You could prevent enemies fleeing so easy by knocking over things to block their escape route forcing them to waste a turn removing it or going around it.

And perhaphs the status effect for hitting someone's legs could be, or aleeady is, slowing their movement for a time.

Meet Edgar Kowalski, a Reiker City fire fighter, a fire bug, and a schizophrenic with multiple personality disorder. Physically imposing and experienced with explosives, Kowalski brings an element of unpredictability to Sam's team. Here's Olga's illustration of him:

AsQI0Bf.jpg

On the development front, I've added 4 new levels, and shotguns now have a cone of fire (which proved quite a bit more tricky and time consuming than expected), and have started working on a number of perks which can be activated in combat. This is part of a drive to enhance and expand the combat system which will be continued with the next update. Comments very welcome!

Back
Top Bottom