NWN - Darkness over Daggerford Updated to version 1.2

txa1265

SasqWatch
The latest version can be found at NWVault or through Gamespot .
The release notes state:
VERSION 1.2
---------------------
- Wearable PC cloaks have been added to the game. If you have installed the
game using the v1.2 installer, then you don't have to do anything to see the
cloaks. If you are updating the game using the v1.2 updater, then please read
the file "1.68 Cloak Instructions.txt" (included with the updater) on how to
get the cloaks working. *Note*: Cloaks your character brings into the game that
were created prior to 1.68 are visible but will still show up as beige in
colour.
- Fixed stackable items (e.g., arrows) in the Traveller's Trunk in Falias'
wagon to use the maximum stack size instead of just one of that item.
- Fixed piranhas to only bite inside pools.
- Adjusted miscellaneous immobilization issues with the Boonmoppet cutscene
triggered at the Bottom of the Hole.
- Removed duplicate Vetrixia from cliff top after following her into Umgatlik's
shrine.
- Weapons no longer unequip when hag de-polymorphs player.
- Fixed miscellaneous combat/conversation issues with the dragon in Peredus'
cave.
- Gorgomorz is now immune to criticals.
- Veiti now has a better weapon and shield.
- Removed tanarukk cutscene trigger from empty smugglers' cave.
- Fixed Whiteglove's store to open correctly.
- Lula now spawns correctly in Daggerford.
- Olree now spawns reliably in the Blade Cliffs.
- Maerovyna, the Chauntea priestess, now gives her reward.
- Temotimoth shrine now reliably teleports the player into the tomb after
solving the riddle.
- Fixed character auto-export at the end of the final cutscene.More information.

You can find a link to my review over at GamerDad here. I find the module to be a game in itself, pushing many things that are nw part of NWN2 ... very good humor and 'in-jokes' as well. And given the price is right ;) how can you pass it up?

omg, I don't know why no one have told me about this mod till now! it sounds like bg2 in so many aspects! is there any other mod like this? oh, so many mods to play as soon as I get new comp! Hordes of the underdark, Darkness over Daggerford, Roses of eternity part 1 & 2 are on my waiting list atm.... is there any other interesting/bg2 like mods for nwn1 you guys want to recommend??

There are TONS!! Visit the Vault and drool!! We've recently finished the Aielund saga (4 parts from memory ) Brilliant. But there are so many good ones, I don't know where to begin!!

I've visited nw vaults.. the problem is vote/rating itself doesn't justify that well. For example, I've played Cormyrean night after reading reviews and comments, but personally, I didn't find it that outstanding. I gave it up midway. Or perhaps not even a midway since I've only finished Chapter 1....

So I want some personal recommendations! Not too much! (still a busy uni students... must not get side tracked too much!) but perhaps 1 or 2 from each of you?

The one that is mostly like BG2 is Tales of Arterra (2 part module). It's older, but pretty good.

The HeX Coda 01 (and the unfinished part 2) by Stefan Gagne was the best one I ever played, I consider it a must play for everybody. It could have been better had he completed the (planned) series, but due to a variety of issusies, he never completed the second half of it (though he did release the planned storyline). The Penultima series by the same author are also nice. Stefan has 2 more NWN modules, Elegia Eternum and Excrucio Eternum.

Probably the best NWN mod/series could have been the Paladin Trilogy (Twillight, Midnight, Dawn) by Rick Burton. At the time of release (Twillight and Midnight are SoU based mods) I think they were the highest rated at the Vault. Amazing storyline, lots of scripted events, there were even custom paladin skills! However, the author never finished the third and final mod in the series. (I think that this and the cancelled HeX Coda 2 ended my interest in NWN modules for quite some time, maybe I should give some newer ones a try)

The Shadowlords/Dreamcatcher series is also pretty good for an older module.

Thanx for suggestions. I think I will def go for Tales of Arterra.

The HeX Coda 01 I will consider. I just don't like half finished games. Witch's wake really left me uneasy feeling when it abruptly finished.

Paladin Trilogy obviously has class restrictions.... and also unfinished.

The Shadowlords/Dreamcatcher series I have tried... but didn't like it so much. And besides, it's too long!

I suppose I'm too fussy on things. Just like why I'm still pondering if I should play "Roses of eternity". It sounds very interesting but way too much restrictions for my liking.

So here is my waiting list: HotU, Darkness over Daggerford and Tales of Arterra

Don't forget the Aielund Saga Sands of Fate trilogy is also excellent for VERY high chars; min level is 30!!

Back
Top Bottom