Dark Souls - Review @ Gaming Trend

I really have to say that Dark Souls, to me, has significanlty raised the bar and standards for action-rpg games. Gone are the days of being happy with games where the hero enters an area, doors and gates appear, enemies appear, mash single button and get excited about wonderful useless combos, enemies die, doors and gates dissapear .. rinse and repeat, no proper world design or coherence - what a waste of time.

I'm glad to see From Software finally getting some recognition after all these years. They've been making great games since the original Playstation.

It's a little ironic though, at least to me. Demon's Souls/Dark Souls aren't even their best titles imo. King's Field 2, 3, & 4, Shadow Tower, and Eternal Ring were all better as open-world RPGs.

There is a 'Sensitivity' setting in the mousefix ini file, try increasing/decreasing it - I think that the default setting is 2, so try increasing this number.

I thought that would do it aswell, so I did that before messing with the ingame options, but I didn't see a difference. I might try again though.

It isn't a choice everyone will embrace but it's a fundamental part of the design. The difficulty is an inherent part of the concept, as is learning from your mistakes. Saving shortcuts that, because you don't have to bear any consequences - just rewind a few minutes to the last save and keep going.

Yes, I realize the concept and that a lot of players are on board with it. It's just that in my personal experience, having to play through a level or check point several times just to get to the boss that you are trying to finally kill, does not make the game more challenging, it makes it tedious and eventually it just gets to the point of boredom.

Back
Top Bottom