Kingmaker - Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Pathfinder: Kingmaker has been released on Steam and GOG.

Explore, Conquer, Rule

Journey to the Stolen Lands

Welcome to the Stolen Lands, contested territory for centuries. Defend yourself against the threats of wilderness and rival kingdoms as you explore a world rich with history, magic, and conflict.

Companion Focused Story

Experience the adventure alongside living and breathing companions, each with deep stories and decisions of their own. Love them, adore them or hate them for who they are.

Character development

Customize your character and companions with a multitude of options available in Pathfinder to make the perfect party capable of overcoming insurmountable challenges.

Kingdom

Establish your kingdom in Stolen Lands, claim new territories, and build towns and cities. Be a wise ruler or a heavy-handed tyrant.
More information.

And here I just started The Bard's Tale 4 for real, now that a patch has allowed me to actually create the character I wanted. While I'm enjoying all the atmosphere in the game, the allure of, I hope, real character development found in a real RPG system may draw me into this one.

Too many games. It takes a pretty special game for me to finish one anymore. A new and intriguing mistress always catches my eye.

Played it for ~5 h last night (cutting my sleep to 4 h.. :sick:) and had a lot of fun.
However I noticed quite a lot of missing or faulty strings in the GUI. Srrange how these bugs had not been fixed as they appeared in character generation also which I assume has been testes a lot.

Just finished installing it due to my house being fixed today. So off I go.:excited:

Yea overall it should be much more positive reviews, since most of the negative ones are people not updating their drivers or stuff like that. I got my key so I hope I get to play the game soon :D

Too many games :D

Game has some bugs, some bigger than others like save game corruption (fixed by making more saves more often) or opening game options maxing your GPU to 100% (fixed by using a outside program to limit your frames to 60 or whatever is your monitor normal fps) but otherwise it is very fun game.
It is a true D&D/Pathfinder, pretty hard at start, especially if you play on hard difficulty where all enemies get a 20% bonus to all their stats.

My main issue with the game is that I'm not all that knowledgeable about Pathfinder, so some of the stuff seems kind of weird and I can't find any in-game explanations for some things (like how hit-points are determined). Other than that it's been pretty interesting so far (only just got to Oleg's place and poked around there a bit, so I'm not very far in).

My main issue with the game is that I'm not all that knowledgeable about Pathfinder, so some of the stuff seems kind of weird and I can't find any in-game explanations for some things (like how hit-points are determined). Other than that it's been pretty interesting so far (only just got to Oleg's place and poked around there a bit, so I'm not very far in).
From what I have seen everyone gets max HP at lvl 1 and then a fixed amount for each level up. Your Constitution bonus gives you bonus HP go up with each level up.

Steam is still unpacking the files, it's taking ages :( guess I can't start play this tonight sigh

Steam is still unpacking the files, it's taking ages :( guess I can't start play this tonight sigh
I don't understand why people insist on using Steam when GOG is available?

From initiating the download to starting the game took about 30 minutes and both have cloud backup. I just don't get it.

I don't understand why people insist on using Steam when GOG is available?

From initiating the download to starting the game took about 30 minutes and both have cloud backup. I just don't get it.
Because for new games like this that will be patched often, Steam gets those patches way before GoG, sometimes days before.

And because of the hassle of having to deal with two different game library softwares?
I don't mind having two libraries. For example for BT4 I chose GoG because I knew I would not playing it immediately but waiting for patches a few weeks or months later.

For P:KM I chose Steam because I wanted to start playing it right away and have fixes being applied to my game right away.

A big advantage of GoG is that you own those game and you are not dependant on some crazy new idea of Gabe that might ruin it for you. Only on GoG servers still working. And if they will not, you can download install files on your HDD and have them there waiting for some day you want to play it. Steam does not work like that or offer options to work without Steam.
One day something might happen and we might be screwed if we lose access to Steam.

GOG all the way, for me. Very displeasing when I have to resort to Steam or (shudders) one of the others.

It is a true D&D/Pathfinder, pretty hard at start, especially if you play on hard difficulty where all enemies get a 20% bonus to all their stats.
Indeed pretty hard. I'm playing on hard difficulty and at level 2 I had a fight with a few giant spiders and about 3 spider swarms which where immune to normal weapon damage. My casters were out of spells or dying, so I had to use some fire bombs I've found earlier. There was one swarm left but no more bombs, so I had to "revive" the caster who managed to cast a final burning hands winnig the fight.
After the fight my chars were still poisoned with strength reduction so I couldn't move. I needed to rest right there but the camp got attacked by more spiders multiple times (no swarms though). Took me more than half an hour (and some reloads tbh). Quite satisfying in the end.

My main issue with the game is that I'm not all that knowledgeable about Pathfinder, so some of the stuff seems kind of weird and I can't find any in-game explanations for some things (like how hit-points are determined).
Yep, that's indeed a problem. I know some D&D 3.5 but I'm a Pathfinder newbie. I'm missing more detailed explanation. The wiki doesn't help much too. Is there an old-style manual somewhere?

Because for new games like this that will be patched often, Steam gets those patches way before GoG, sometimes days before.

And because of the hassle of having to deal with two different game library softwares?
Steam is the better client with general better usability. But as GOG Galaxy is good enough I support GOG whenever I can, even if that means to handle two clients.
The lack of DRM actually is irrelevant to me personally.

The DRM-free selling point of GOG has never resonated with me.

There's no chance I will replay 90% of the games in my library, and I'm not going to take up hard drive space with the games I might replay one day.

If by some mad chance a game I want to replay gets erased from my library and steam support couldn't resolve it, I'll just buy it again. Steam is cheaper usually anyways.

Indeed pretty hard. I'm playing on hard difficulty and at level 2 I had a fight with a few giant spiders and about 3 spider swarms which where immune to normal weapon damage. My casters were out of spells or dying, so I had to use some fire bombs I've found earlier. There was one swarm left but no more bombs, so I had to "revive" the caster who managed to cast a final burning hands winnig the fight.
After the fight my chars were still poisoned with strength reduction so I couldn't move. I needed to rest right there but the camp got attacked by more spiders multiple times (no swarms though). Took me more than half an hour (and some reloads tbh). Quite satisfying in the end.

Yep, that's indeed a problem. I know some D&D 3.5 but I'm a Pathfinder newbie. I'm missing more detailed explanation. The wiki doesn't help much too. Is there an old-style manual somewhere?

Steam is the better client with general better usability. But as GOG Galaxy is good enough I support GOG whenever I can, even if that means to handle two clients.
The lack of DRM actually is irrelevant to me personally.
Pathfinder is extremely similar to D&D 3.5e. Most things works like in D&D 3.5e.

Back
Top Bottom