Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods - Trailer @ Gamers Hell

"The Gods have forsaken us!"

No, seriously, if I had a PC that's running G3 smoothly, I would probably looking forward to this expansion. You can't really tell much from this trailer. Only that the combat seems to be rather the same...

My gtx280 made the game enjoyable, with 2gig ddr3 and a 3 ghz C2Duo. Even then near Vengard the game would guru me with out of memory errors. Made the game playable, but the load times were still among the worst I've experienced. Having a good system helped me enjoy and see what a good game it actually was though.

Thats a hair better than what I have. I guess I need to make further upgrades before playing this. Luckily Im still well stuck in Gothic2 addon. That expansion takes som real dedication to finish.

I really love G1 and G2, but looking back at the time spent with G3 I'm not sure it was worth it. Maybe the latest graphics card would solve stuttering, but really bad collision detection and loading times combined with IMO less interesting plot, quests and characters won't go away. With so many promising titles arriving towards year end you may want to leave G3 for a dry season.

I recently got a new pc quad core, 4gb ram, dual video card setup. Installed g3 (which i purchased when it first came out but could not run it on my old pc) but I still cant play it without it crashing every 30 to 45 minutes and the load times are still aweful. I really wanted to play g3 since I enjoyed G1 and G2+NotR so much but the crashing is just to annoying.

I found it quite stable with v1.6 - although the load times do suck. I haven't finished but have quite enjoyed it overall. It's flawed and players need some patience - and Gorath's right about filler - but worthwhile for patient players wanting an open workd experience. I found it much better than Two Worlds, for example.

Back
Top Bottom