Bard's Tale IV

Well, I've finally found the green door ... Have you talked to everyone ? Because ... there in one corner on the "upper deck" there's a certain person ... :lol:

It seems that there is a new patch ? I'm downloading almost 4 GB right now ... Not that I'm fully surprised ...

This sounds good :

Players who played in non-English languages and encountered issues with placing cogs into gear puzzles and had their save files corrupted should now have working save files again.

Fixed an issue in which players could not access vendors after reloading a save game under some circumstances.

Full Patch Notes : https://steamcommunity.com/games/566090/announcements/detail/3647245559041240396

Known issues to watch out for until fixed:

• If you escape to the main menu during the final animated scene in the game (the cinematic after defeating the final boss), your save file can get into a state in which you cannot complete the final step of the main quest. To avoid this issue, please allow all the animated scenes to play out without exiting the game.

• We found that player’s have a small chance to suffer odd behaviors, including crashes, when using a practitioner’s dragon breath & conjurorer’s mark on groups of skeleton enemies.

• Player’s zoning into Skyhenge for the first time have a small chance to experience a crash. This only happens on the first time transitioning into the zone.

• Player’s summon creatures that last till the end of combat will create a checkerboard icon on the victory screen.

• Tarjan boss fight can be completed without utilizing the hungering blade by using the melting boon from puzzle weapons.This is an exploit and not as designed.

The update I received today was more like twenty plus gigs. I read the patch notes and nothing seemed to warrant that much space.

Perhaps it's the same as with Stream where the downloads require loads of space (the same as the entire installation) even when the patch itself is only a couple of Gb...

The update I received today was more like twenty plus gigs. I read the patch notes and nothing seemed to warrant that much space.
If it's Steam and not GOG blame how it patches the game.
Perhaps it's the same as with Stream where the downloads require loads of space (the same as the entire installation) even when the patch itself is only a couple of Gb…
Yep like I said above Steam re-download the new files and overwrites the old ones instead of applying the update. It's been known for years that Steam patching sucks.

Regarding Graphics it looks nicer now. The language is finally saved on restart.
The monitor being used still isn't though.

The other major fix I saw in the notes is the issue that you might "charge" into an stuck position when entering combat. Had this a couple of times before, can't confirm or deny whether this was actually fixed.

The other stuff doesnt sound that exciting / didn't have problems with it, while my major issues still persist.

All GOG patches of this game are delivered as the complete game, not incremental. So yeah, 28 gigs.

But that's not just due to GOG. Pathfinder is handled differently on GOG, its patches are incremental.

All GOG patches of this game are delivered as the complete game, not incremental. So yeah, 28 gigs.

But that's not just due to GOG. Pathfinder is handled differently on GOG, its patches are incremental.
Yeah I noticed that as Battletech had a few patches that downloaded the whole game, but what was weird it also had a few that were pretty small. So yeah weird.:-/

You are on Gog and he was on steam ?

I'm on gog and i can say xile doesn't get it - they are not correctly using gog patch system.

I have a GOG key as part of my rewards/preorder, but I had bought the game at retail a few days ago, to have something in my hands, literally. And that retail "Day One Edition" is steam-bound, yes.
So I guess that steam works incremental.

The more I play it, the more i love it. The only thing I abhorr are the cries of burning people in battle.

This is a wholly new game for me - I mean, I have never played a games which felt so much truly British - or, I even dsare to say, so much Celtic - Scottish - like this one.

The only thing I really do not understand is that code wheel. It is nowhere properly explained what it does within the game, and for what it is for.
So far, I had thought it was just a gimmik, but now I've stumbled across the term "code wheel shrine" or what that was.

It's a bit confusing but rather easy to use.

You have two symbols on top of the shrine.
An arrow-like thingy and a moon, either C formed or…well, the mirrored version. :p

Now what you do is use the code wheel. Point the arrow to the symbol which is depicted below it. And then the second thing you point to the symbol which is depicted below the moon, including!: The correct direction of the moon.

Now you get two numbers on your wheel. These numbers can then be looked up in the (its an astrology book in the quest items), they translate into two items you need to sacrifice there in order to receive a mostly small reward.

Sorry, but the problem isn't for me how to use a code wheel - the problem is : What is it for ? No page describes that.

Sorry, but the problem isn't for me how to use a code wheel - the problem is : What is it for ? No page describes that.

Well, I kind of mentioned that...to decode shrines. :p

You find one of them pretty much at the start. They are indicated as purple somethings on the map, and...as I described, they have the symbols on top.

Well, I kind of mentioned that…to decode shrines. :p

You find one of them pretty much at the start. They are indicated as purple somethings on the map, and…as I described, they have the symbols on top.

Well ... thanks. I've found two of them already. I guess I need to print this thing out. :D

Yea. I click on that thingy that the chest is on and it toggles from close to open but i can't tell what 'opened'.

Btw did you open that secret door next to the cryptex. Wasn't sure from the video - it is easy to miss because it is hidden the shadows.

After I killed this boss like enemy I didn't know what to do. I guess that's the point you ment and in that case I have no idea.

Kill at 48:00

Last edited:
I'm still at exploring.

And now I have a paper-thin codewheel. :D

Back
Top Bottom