Released kickstarter games

Per critics there is nothing wrong. Per me, there is a one key thing very wrong. Game balance. When you're making a game, there is no difference between gamestopper stuck/crash/freeze bug and godlike group of enemies. Critics obviously think such design is a nearmasterpiece thing.

Users by the list above don't share such opinion so FTL is below Larry as it should be.

Per critics there is nothing wrong. Per me, there is a one key thing very wrong. Game balance. When you're making a game, there is no difference between gamestopper stuck/crash/freeze bug and godlike group of enemies. Critics obviously think such design is a nearmasterpiece thing.

Every randomly generated game has problem with balance.I don't think FTL has that big problem, after some time playing you can get to last sector with any ship 90% of the times(beating boss is another thing).Sure game is unpredictable and unfair at times but that is case with all roguelikes.FTL deserves high place imo.

For Larry and Knock knock they show one thing KS is excellent for and that is niche games.Both games where received very badly among critics but they more than satisfied their targeted audience.

Wouha never looked up Strike Suit Zero critic score, way too low in my opinion.

Scores are low for it but user scores are somewhat better, but no matter the scores game did sold well enough.

Users by the list above don't share such opinion so FTL is below Larry as it should be.
I'll admit it's no masterpiece as I never said it was. ;)

See but here is the thing Joxer it just sounds like you hate Rogue-Like games. The point of those games is to make the game hard were you have a slim chance of winning.

Those who bought the game and complained knowing what the game was deserve their fate. Buyer beware and all that as they say.

Now excuse me while I go play the game, and probably die once again.^^

Last edited:
Scores are low for it but user scores are somewhat better, but no matter the scores game did sold well enough.

User score is in the right place I think.

Rogue games? I've had enough of unbalanced games. Rogue or not rogue.

If you don't have time or wits to balance a game, sell it to your mother. Or let games industry alone and go gamble your inheritance in Las Vegas if you don't understand what am I talking about.

No read and no understanding? Okay, here's the pic then:

8.jpg

And time is money.

Added Octodad 2 it's sequel to to freeware game funded in August 2011 but only released 3 days ago.It raised $24k on ks(which wasn't small amount in pre Double fine time).Reviews are mixed and the range for 45 to 91.

Added BlindSide to list adventure game for PC and Phones/tablets without any graphic, you navigate only through sound(protagonist is blind).Game can be played by blind people.This is one of games that was funded before KS boom, it got $14k on ks.There are not many reviews but they are positive, from major sites Adventure gamer reviewed iOS version and gave it 4/5.

No Grandia2 scores? No Vivaldi's revolutionary concert for 2 oboe (PST)? No Signal all clear?
Okay maybe those were too complicated for them… But where are Expeditions and King's Bounty scores then?

And while it's available to backers, it's not listed in the HB store. Not that I'd buy that complilation of nothing I'm interested in.

Added Windforge to the list.

It's described as "Minecraft meets Contra".It got 50k AUD on ks.Reviews say it has potential but it's bugy and unpolished at current state.

I was curious which crowd-funding game did best on with critic and audience so I looked it up here are results if anyone is interested....
To each his own, but that list was done before Shadowrun Returns was finished to be released ie Berlin still had to be released, free for kickstarters. I personally feel absurd its place but I think that Dragonfall which is part of the kickstarter could change a lot that list. I hadn't that much fun since a long time and certainly not with skyrim not even with the witcher 2 I still have to finish them both. Well Blackguards was a lot of fun too but no way as impressive, for me.

To each his own, but that list was done before Shadowrun Returns was finished to be released ie Berlin still had to be released, free for kickstarters. I personally feel absurd its place but I think that Dragonfall which is part of the kickstarter could change a lot that list. I hadn't that much fun since a long time and certainly not with skyrim not even with the witcher 2 I still have to finish them both. Well Blackguards was a lot of fun too but no way as impressive, for me.

I loved Dragonfall but the list was done more than month before and after mediocre Dead man switch there was no reason to wait that long for Dragonfall release.

Also I plan to make list again in 6 or 7 months when more big kickstarters like Wasteland 2, Divinity:Original sin, SpaceVenture,Grim dawn, Tex Murphy:Tesla effect, Broken age part 2(and hopefully few more) are released.

The kickstarter hadn't finished to be released, Berlin was known to be included and released later, but ok it's just a list.

Mercenary kings was released 2 days ago so I added it to the list.

It's game inspired by Metal slug and it can also be played in co-op, it raised $116k on KS.Reviews and user scores are positive.It was released on PC, Mac version has been delayed slightly due to game breaking bug poping and PS4 version will be released in April.

Back
Top Bottom