Gothic 3 Saved Gotha but im wanted for theft - BUG

nameless hero

Watchdog
Hi, I would like to know if anyone has encountered this bug, or if there is anything that can repair it.

The problem is that after saving Gotha from the Demon, a week later (in-game), I returned there after speaking with Shaun from Okara. The rebels now hold Gotha. But the moment I get close to any rebel, they say "Stop, you are wanted for theft". Sure I ransacked Gotha after defeating the Demon, but no-one was around. Now whenever I go there every rebel attacks me.

Any help please.

Nameless Hero, I had the same bug. Also i doubt you can call it that, since you and I both cleared the town clean of any valuables. What seemed to work for me was that I had a Make Excuses skill, but the Rebel guards still attacked me. This could work without this by just selecting the Provoke or Pay options from the talk menu, as it yields the same results. Only by paying you lose 500 gold. Anyways, the witful guard, undecieved, proceeded to attack me. One thing you should avoid when this happens is getting hit, or pummeling his face in the middle of the city, as everyone around will join the fight. When this happened to me, I lured the guard outside the city walls and beat him up, easy as that. He got up and walked away without any penalties to me whatsoever. This should "fix" things.

All I got was hassled, no further repercussions.

This is a KNOWN bug and hopefully will be fixed in a future patch!! Moral of the story, stay out of Gotha once you've defeated the Demon!! :)

I just lured away the dude who held me for thief, beat him up, killed him and went inside Gotha. Nobody ever talked about it anymore.

:) Funny, that's precisely what I've done!! :)

Hey, I'm fairly good!! :) I'm a Chaotic in D&D, so what do you expect!! :biggrin:

I've also noticed random NPCs sometimes come after me accusing me for theft for no apparent reason - usually after a long time since visiting the town which they reside. For example, I went to Okara again for the first time in ages to visit a rebel merchant and I figured I'd pay the rebel leader (forgot his name) a visit and he just came after me to attack me accusing me of stealing the moment he saw me. I'm 100% certain that the last time I saw him we were on good terms and that I haven't picked his pockets. Also strange is that in an attempt to solve this problem I had him chase me safely outside the rebel camp away from the eyes of any other NPCs with plans to just beat him up and then cast the amnesia spell on him to make him forget whatever crimes he thinks I committed, but saved just prior to attacking him. When I attacked him instead of knocking him out it killed him (which I didn't want to do) so I reloaded the save with the intention of just running away and hoping the next time I visit him he'll act as he should and not attack me, but when the save loaded just outside the rebel camp, he just put away his sword and walked away. Now I talk to him and he acts perfectly normal as if I didn't do anything wrong. So I assume the game loaded his aggression state toward me incorrectly or something and when I reloaded the game near him it was reset to what it should be... bahhh oh well

i just encountered this bug! i thought the last official patch would have taken care of it..

forgot to mention.. after beating up the hostile guard, i went in to see Shawn for the rebuilding of Gotha but there was no quest dialog.. did i miss something?

there is an upcoming community patch (version 1.5) that promises to fix this bug..
• The rebels in Gotha won't accuse you to be a thief when you robbed the city before the rebuilding of Gotha began

Back
Top Bottom