THQ Nordic - Jagged Alliance leaked

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports that both of THQ Nordic's surprises have been leaked with an official website for Jagged Alliance appearing.

It appears that both of THQ Nordic’s surprises for this year’s The Video Games Awards have been leaked. The official website for Jagged Alliance pretty much confirms that THQ Nordic will be shortly announcing a new game.

[...]
More information.

Cool to hear they are bringing back a beloved old school game. I'm very interested, missed this one the first time around, but have heard a lot about it. A new one will go high up on my "watch list". :cool:

My, oh my... :D
Will Jagged Alliance get the reboot/remake it really deserves? I SINCERELY HOPE SO...
One of most beloved game franchises has only got subpar releases lately....

I just got goosebumps. I can't think of any other franchise more deserving of a worthy reboot. Hell yes!

Most of what Nordic has done so far is to rework old games. For example they remastered Titan Quest and gave it an addon. They remastered Dungeon Lords, removed most of the bugs and took out elements (like polearms) that never worked right. So it may be something like a remaster with additional content. We'll see.

Most of what Nordic has done so far is to rework old games. For example they remastered Titan Quest and gave it an addon. They remastered Dungeon Lords, removed most of the bugs and took out elements (like polearms) that never worked right. So it may be something like a remaster with additional content. We'll see.

We have mods for that so that would not be interesting to me. Thanks for the cold shower and the ruined dreams @forgottenlor;…

THQ Nordic is on the roll. Almost everything they've put out or they're planing to publish is either on my whishlist or in my catalog. :)
Happy times

I would like to see them do a modern version of Alien Nations :D

I hope I'm wrong. Sorry about that!

Well, it was probably for the best that you dampened the enthusiasm a bit, just imagine what fervour it could've reached before the actual reveal...then it would've hurt even more. ;)

I think JA:2 is a bit long in the tooth for a remaster, I think. They'll probably do something modernized and streamlined like the XCOM reboot, as Darkheart said. Which is a shame.

I think JA:2 is a bit long in the tooth for a remaster, I think. They'll probably do something modernized and streamlined like the XCOM reboot, as Darkheart said. Which is a shame.

Yeah. Streamlined is only a positive word when talking about cars.

Who do I look like? Siegfried and Roy?

The new XCOM did well, so this will be similar I bet.

I hope not.
They should finally make a proper remake.
They shouldn't make an online game, because online games are "in".
They shouldn't make an real time game, because real time games are "in".
And now they should certainly not make a "streamlined" version of the old game just because making XCom into an almost-board game worked for them.

I'd rather take an "enhanced" JA2 instead of just another game with the title "Jagged Alliance" taged on.

I actually enjoyed the combat system in JA:BiA, it was a fresh take on RTwP. Too bad pretty much everything else about the game was a mess (enemies turned into bullet sponges and quite obviously scaled with your level, the Mercenaries had nowhere close to the soul of their JA2 ditos, it was riddled with bugs and confusing mechanics etc.).

I chose to have hope because that's always preferable to being cynical (IMO), but I guess we can expect some of the things Kordanor mentions. A proper remake? If that is just the same game with new graphics then no, I've played so many hours of the original that would have small worth to me. On the other hand that might pave the way for a proper sequel and then I'm all in and will absolutely buy the game.

RT party based products are not in.

MU modes are.

That was more related to the timeframe wehen BiA was released and nobody could wait to finally get rid of their turn based systems. Starting with XCom in Apocalypse and Fallout with Tactics.

Back
Top Bottom