Kingmaker - Beta One Arriving 5th April

I rarely have time anymore to play betas but I gave my access to a friend. Will request she gives some feedback.

How did you get Beta access? I just posted in the forums as I still have not been granted access despite it being mentioned in my collectors edition pledge level.

He has friends in high places. :D

How did you get Beta access? I just posted in the forums as I still have not been granted access despite it being mentioned in my collectors edition pledge level.

The keys have been released on the backer site, just got mine, but they had some last minute delays to polish some things and hence have not released it fully on steam yet.

So they are waiting to send out emails until it is available. But if you login to the backer site you can find your steam key. I got mine and just waiting till they open it up on steam. There is a thread on it at the forums.

https://owlcatgames.com/forums/showthread.php?3811-Beta-Information/page2

Devs are working on it.

The graphics are luscious! So beautiful. it is like playing a modern Baldurs Gate so far. I mean superior graphics with smoke, dynamic light, shadows, lots of nice effects. And the character building ... a nerds wet dream. So many options and very much like AD&D.

Torn between a Druid with a Wolf companion (who looks simply awesome ... the wolf I mean) or a Sylvan Sorcerer.

I'm resisting urge to sign up for beta.... No... Must... Resist... I want to experience the whole thing fresh when it's finally released later this year... :X

Back again to post a few Beta Videos.

I didn't get the email but I can also confirm it is available in your user profile. Downloading also and planning to report bugs/give some feedback. Going to play an evil cleric, something I would never play for real :)

Damn, I crumbled once again - after watching beta videos Couch posted I upgraded my pledge to buy the beta……. LOL. Omg, I'm so hyped… downloading now….!!!

Last edited:
Holy moly. Day one purchase, yep. Haha. Look at those character building options!

This really looks great.
Looking forward to it.

I finished downloading the beta but it won't even start due to error log below:

"Switching to resolution 1680x1050 failed, trying lower one
Switching to resolution 1600x1024 failed, trying lower one
Switching to resolution 1600x900 failed, trying lower one
Switching to resolution 1440x900 failed, trying lower one
Switching to resolution 1366x768 failed, trying lower one
Switching to resolution 1360x768 failed, trying lower one
Switching to resolution 1280x1024 failed, trying lower one
Switching to resolution 1280x960 failed, trying lower one
Switching to resolution 1280x800 failed, trying lower one
Switching to resolution 1280x768 failed, trying lower one
Switching to resolution 1280x720 failed, trying lower one
Switching to resolution 1152x864 failed, trying lower one
Switching to resolution 1152x720 failed, trying lower one
Switching to resolution 1024x768 failed, trying lower one
Switching to resolution 800x600 failed, trying lower one
Switching to resolution 720x576 failed, trying lower one
Switching to resolution 720x480 failed, trying lower one
Switching to resolution 640x480 failed, trying lower one
Switching to resolution 1680x1050 failed, trying lower one
All resolution switches have failed
Screen: DX11 could not switch resolution (1680x1050 fs=1 hz=0)"

Anyone else experienced similar issue (even better, anyone know how to fix this?)

This happens right after launch - I'm unable to make it to the main menu at all.

I'm running the following:
Win7 64-bit
Beta version from Steam
GTX 1070 with 391.35 drivers
1680x1050

I've attempted adjusting the registry keys to match my resolution (which they already did), validating the game files via steam and I do not have the option in Windows 7 of disabling full screen optimization.

I'm running the following:
Win7 64-bit
Beta version from Steam
GTX 1070 with 391.35 drivers
1680x1050

I've attempted adjusting the registry keys to match my resolution (which they already did), validating the game files via steam and I do not have the option in Windows 7 of disabling full screen optimization.

I am running the exact same resolution 1680x1050 with win7 64bit except I am running a GTX 950 with driver version 388.71. Can you try downgrading or upgrading your driver?

Tried both and no luck. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall beta - if that doesn't work and devs can't help me out, I might get a refund and wait for the full release :(

Tried both and no luck. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall beta - if that doesn't work and devs can't help me out, I might get a refund and wait for the full release :(
If you watch the Alpha version video from Shane Plays he had the same problem. He had to edit his registry files, and explains it in the first three minutes of the video.

Maybe contact the developer as he did about a solution.

Thanks, couch. Is that alpha video (where shane talk about the solution to the issue) the one you posted on this thread above?

We did play around with the registry earlier as well but without any success :(

Beta version of the game has bugs? Unheard of!
Be sure to sue them in addition to asking for a refund!!

You are a moron. That's all I have to say about your comment above.

Back
Top Bottom