W40K: Inquisitor-Martyr - Interview

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Geekisphere interviewed developer Gergo Vas about Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor-Martyr.

Our interviewee, Gergo Vas, has been working on Warhammer: 40,000 Inquisitor – Martyr, and has some thoughts on how the game will be different from others in this setting.

Raven:

“For my first question, it’s about the open world aspect. Now Warhammer: 40,000 Inquisitor is tagged as open world but I’ve heard that it’s not exactly open world but it’s similar to Diablo. Is that true?”

Gergo:

“So as you’ll see, there’s a huge sector (called Caligari sector) where you can jump in and out of star systems, and subsectors (zoom in zoom out etc). And besides doing the campaign you can roam around finding random missions, do tougher investigations, or find completely different points of interests. So it’s open world in that aspect you don’t have to follow the campaign if you don’t want to. It’s out there in the open world as well though.”

Raven:

“That’s good. I was a little worried some people made it seem like it was closer to Diablo in the sense of linear pathing (not the Reaper of Souls DLC).”

Gergo:

“We have an open world trailer that kinda goes into details about the system and the mechanics.”

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

I was interested till the developer gave excuses why you need to play this game only online. I believe the post on the reasons why is still on Steam. Here's the Link.

Link - https://steamcommunity.com/app/527430/discussions/0/1473095965291684995/

My favorite reason why.
In 1999, I craved offline only gaming because I did not want to ring my parents' phone bill so far up, and internet was unreliable back then. Nowadays, not so much. Following other titles, it became clear that online only is the way to go. We will do our absolute best to keep the gaming experience fluid and intact throughout the lifespan of the game.
You heard him Single-player is dead everyone.:rolleyes:

There is lots of talk about the single player model needing to change sadly.
Not surprised they went this route as The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Final Cut was intended to be only online, and most of the new content had you play online.

They relented at the end and allowed you to play offline at least.
We gave in to the public with some of our older Van Helsing games where offline mode was requested, and it turned out to be a huge hindrance to have online and offline characters separately. Supporting two branches of characters was a huge slowing factor of development and support as well, and both the online and the offline players saw the worse end of it as instead of dealing with a strictly online or offline playerbase with 100% focus, we had to divide our attention between offline and online characters.

I was interested till the developer gave excuses why you need to play this game only online. I believe the post on the reasons why is still on Steam. Here's the Link.

Link - https://steamcommunity.com/app/527430/discussions/0/1473095965291684995/

My favorite reason why.
You heard him Single-player is dead everyone.:rolleyes:

Was very interested in this game too till that. I don't mind always online if there's a valid reason (I play mostly MOBAs nowadays) but all he gives is "it's just the way to go these days". Yeah no.

Apart from the always online aspect, I fear this will be another boring ARPG. It sounded different in the beginning, but of what I saw there was nothing new on the Western front.

Glad there are more interesting WH40K games on the horizon (especially Mechanicus)!

Always online is something I disdain, and I believe I always will, save for mass online products. All the current independent successes prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that online is a necessary thing, it is not, and I believe the average gamer can see this lie for what it truly is: a dirty trick.

Ya, more and more disappointing as details come out.

Back
Top Bottom