Pricewatch!

The same deal on GOG where Consortium just got released:
http://www.gog.com/game/consortium_the_master_edition

Someone put as the first comment "A future cult classic.".
It's not. It's a proper start of a franchise and is a short little gem.
The upcoming sequel, if done properly, could make a cult classic in FO1/FO2 style.

Bound by Flame is currently ~$27 @ Nuuvem.com.br.

Shadowrun Returns is the weekend special on Steam. For £3.73 I think I'll give it a shot. There's also some Activision stuff and, more importantly, a special on Star Wars games. I recommend everyone play the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games, although they're a bit clunky these days. Oh, KotOR 1 and 2 are in there, too.

Shadowrun Returns is the weekend special on Steam. For £3.73 I think I'll give it a shot. There's also some Activision stuff and, more importantly, a special on Star Wars games. I recommend everyone play the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games, although they're a bit clunky these days. Oh, KotOR 1 and 2 are in there, too.

Got KotoR 1 and 2. Played them years ago in my Xbox, but at $7 for both might as well give them another go (specially 2 with the restored content patch). Are there any mods I should use for them (1 and 2)? Do they work well with Steam?

Got KotoR 1 and 2. Played them years ago in my Xbox, but at $7 for both might as well give them another go (specially 2 with the restored content patch). Are there any mods I should use for them (1 and 2)? Do they work well with Steam?

Mods work fine with Steam, though not always with the restored content mod for 2. KOTOR 1 has a tiny bit of restored content worth getting, but the other mods are nothing much unless the status effects animations really annoy you or you are prepared to risk losing a saved game in exchange for better looking light sabers and sounds.

I'd also recommend not getting m4-78 aka the 'droid planet' (not to be confused with the added 'droid level' on Telos if you say the right line to HK-47 early on ) in KOTOR 2 - it's a little hollow. With the greatest respect (and gratitude) for the hard work of the mods on this, m4-78 is ... not quite there. Missing a little bit of the magic of the rest of the game.

Mods work fine with Steam, though not always with the restored content mod for 2. KOTOR 1 has a tiny bit of restored content worth getting, but the other mods are nothing much unless the status effects animations really annoy you or you are prepared to risk losing a saved game in exchange for better looking light sabers and sounds.

I'd also recommend not getting m4-78 aka the 'droid planet' (not to be confused with the added 'droid level' on Telos if you say the right line to HK-47 early on ) in KOTOR 2 - it's a little hollow. With the greatest respect (and gratitude) for the hard work of the mods on this, m4-78 is … not quite there. Missing a little bit of the magic of the rest of the game.

Yes I'm mostly interested in restored content (and if there are high-definition mods, that too)

The restored content mod is an absolute must, and I'm normally the sort of person that sticks to vanilla. For starters all the broken bits are fixed so no more googling 'Onderon bugs' when you land or wondering why saying X didn't result in person A being upset.

Other than that quests have extra layers that - with hindsight - it's clear were always meant to be there. So a few of the quest walkthroughs are outdated or wrong. For example contrary to most advice, don't worry about finishing certain quests on Nar Shadaa before you leave. Others will have different (better imho) light/dark side reactions.

Some hubs will also flip into dungeons, for example the fight on Dantooine is now a proper siege and not a cutscene plus short corridor brawl.

But as I said earlier, do say the right line to HK-47 early on, or you won't get the droid level, one of the bigger additions.

OMG I totally forgot to add Gary's incident review.
Even if you don't have 2€ to spare on the game, the vid is free and it's educational enough to get more than, you read right, more than 3.5 million views.

A game review with so many views… Must be a good game. Or a good review?
Don't skip it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfgoDDh4kE0

funny - the video is no longer available :)

got to laugh that steam doesn't link the metacritic on it

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/day-one-garrys-incident

I might just check it out based on the bad reviews. is it as bad as bus driver simulator or does he become the king of limbo?

(not to be confused with the added 'droid level' on Telos if you say the right line to HK-47 early on )
Mind elaborating?

Also, a bit of silliness I ran into that reminded me of this thread
http://gaben.tv/

funny - the video is no longer available :)

got to laugh that steam doesn't link the metacritic on it

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/day-one-garrys-incident

I might just check it out based on the bad reviews. is it as bad as bus driver simulator or does he become the king of limbo?

It's up to the developers to link to Metacritic. Most of the really bad games won't have a metacritic score showing, though there are some obvious exceptions (and in some cases it would seem like they are daring people to find out just how bad the game actually is).

I got Garry's Incident in a bundle a while ago, so I could test to see if Garry deserves the title of King of Limbo, if anyone is really curious, but I guess it's just another bad game. (I am by the way not going to play Limbo of the Lost again to compare the two. I own that game, but having installed it once was enough).

Back
Top Bottom