Fate - Now Available on Steam

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The classic ARPG Fate is now available on Steam for 40% off.

Play (or Re-play) This Classic Dungeon Crawler!

During the golden days of action RPGs, FATE was a powerhouse, winning runner-up for PC Magazine’s Role-Playing Game of the year. Popular enough to spawn 3 sequels, this was one of the premier dungeon crawlers of its time. Now is your chance to enter the legendary town of Grove and experience the original for yourself!

Hello, traveler. Journey to the outskirts, where the Old Wood meets the Dungeon Gate. Battle vicious creatures, collect unique weaponry, learn powerful spells and glory will be yours.

Rise and test your worth! Step forward and determine Your FATE!

• NEW Steam Trading Cards – Fans of old (and fans of new) can enjoy this never-before-seen art!
  • NEW Steam Badges – 6 levels for you to collect, hoard and show off.
  • NEW Steam Emoticons – Oh, you’re old school all right, throw a little FATE into your chat to prove it.
  • NEW Profile Backgrounds – FATE up your profile with these beautiful works of art made especially for Steam players.
  • Gameplay – It’s quick, immersive and classic.
  • Procedurally generated levels – Explore limitless caverns, dungeons, mines and tunnels. What will you find?
  • Economy - Buy and sell items… or try your luck with shopkeeper!
  • Pet - Choose a dog or cat and evolve it into more and more powerful creatures. Rawr.
  • Street Cred – Up your gamer street cred by playing this classic game and show those hipsters what for!
More information.

I played that game back when it came out. A fun little time-waster. And I mean that in a good way.

Hmm..I thought Steam had an anti-Spyware policy

They got rid of that stuff a while back, IIRC.

I loved Fate, it was the first family-friendly action RPG and I enjoyed sharing it with my kids. But since Torchlight came out I haven't touched it ...

Wow is it considered a classic already?
I can answer that for you any game over five years old is considered a classic given game lifespans today. I'm just kidding but it seems to be the way it is nowadays.;)

I still play all four games and you can buy them all cheap right now also. I'm talking about the boxed copy's by the way not the Steam price.

I can answer that for you any game over five years old is considered a classic given game lifespans today. I'm just kidding but it seems to be the way it is nowadays.;)

I think it is closer to the truth than you think - well-reviewed game + at least 5 years = classic.

Back
Top Bottom