Diablo 2 - Asking for Input on v1.13

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Blizzard is asking for input on a future v1.13 patch for Diablo II. Here's the post on the official boards:
We’re in the process of working on Diablo II content patch 1.13, and we want to try to include the Diablo community’s most important changes in our production schedule. To achieve this we’re asking for your input on what you’d like to see in this patch. However, we’re making it a bit stricter than a full-blown wish list.

If you were to get an advance look at the patch notes for Diablo II 1.13, what is the one patch note you would want to see?

Our goal is to get an overall sense of the single most important request from every member of the community. We want as many posts as we can get for the largest cross section, so if you have friends who used to play Diablo II or just don’t frequent the forums as much as you do, let them know this is here so we can get their “#1 patch note” too.

Please be mindful that we’re not going to be able to make every change mentioned, but hopefully with your feedback we can prioritize and do our best to cover as much as possible.
More information.

If you were to get an advance look at the patch notes for Diablo II 1.13, what is the one patch note you would want to see?

Hmm I like to see:

Final patch to Diablo II, as Diablo III is out now :)

Ok this is just a little awesome. I know it's Diablo and hugely successful, but still after all these years they're still upgrading it. What is it now like 5 years since it was released?

Is there some kind of retro invasion going on or what? Dues Ex mods, Dues Ex 3, Diablo 2 upgrades. What's next System Shock 3/Huge Mod? Christmas has come very early this year or late depending on how you look at it:)

Edit: Oh almost forgot my suggestion. Incorporate Map Hack into your maps. It made going through the dungeons less of a hassle for the 15000 time.

Ok this is just a little awesome. I know it's Diablo and hugely successful, but still after all these years they're still upgrading it. What is it now like 5 years since it was released?

Starcraft also still receives patches and it's been 10 years since it's release. Another thing I love about Blizzard.

Diablo 2 is over eight years old, so yes, this is quite impressive. Of course, it's certainly possible to come up with schemes like "they're only doing it to promote Diablo 3", but that still doesn't change the fact that their support has been great for D2.

How about making the boss monsters stay dead in the single player game?

It irked me to no end that bosses respawned every time you came back through an area.

Thank you to share, thank you very much! *Lame Bot Link Removed*

LMAO! This bot sounds like some the commercials over here when they say a couple of phrases in English just to make it cool ;)

How about making the boss monsters stay dead in the single player game?

It irked me to no end that bosses respawned every time you came back through an area.

All the people who farm then would flip, though--no more Meph runs.

Another content patch is pretty cool after all these years, I must admit. I can't think of much unless they wanted to go to the work of adding a new character class, which I doubt. Oh, and I wouldn't mind if they'd stop randomizing the way point locations. Random maps are fine, and even though the respawning is tedious--but running all over for hours searching for a portal so you can quit the game and go to sleep is tedious.

Hey, I loved Meph Runs. Do you know how hard it is to find all that totally awsome gear?:shakefist:

Seriously though, after going through the game for the 15,000th time (exagerating of course) you tend to know what you want in items and I really didn't like trading, felt a little like cheating, but I had no prob using map hack and zooming through Meph dungeon over and over. Hey at least I'm working for my items ;)

I'd ask for resolutions above 800x600.

Actually since they asked, and as long as they're going to the trouble, my request is that they do that for Planescape:Torment instead.

Easy: Native support for widescreen monitor resolutions.

Back
Top Bottom