NWN2 Mods

Neverwinter Nights 2

Ubereil

Keeper of the Watch
Just curious: does anyone know where you can look for mods for NWN2? I read somewhere that someone was remakeing what was planned to be BG3 for NWN2 (someone official). I allso think I read somewhere that someone was makeing Eye of the Beholder. But if you read between the lines I've no real clue on this issue. :D

I bought the game (even preordered it) but I didn't really like the original campaign
and therefore quit quite early (level 7 or 8). But when you buy a game you want to squeeze as much fun out of it as you can, and considering the mod pack there ought to be something decent out there modwise.

Übereil

Good SP mods for NWN2 are very thin on the ground it seems Ubereil....most modders seem to blame the new NWN2 toolset for that fact. There's a few out there but nothing amazing at the moment..most seem to be in early development stages.
Have a look on nwvault and try the hall of fame for the few mods that are out there.

Josh Sawyer, one of the Obsidian-Developers is creating a module in his spare time, wich is somewhat based on the canceled BG 3 Game, but I wouldn't hold my breath until its release.

There are already some good Mods, i.e. Tragedy in Tragidor and Pool of Radiance Remasterd that I can recommend.

Two other Mods are really great, Nighthowls in Nestlehaven and Subtlety of Thay, but they are difficult and sometimes I was able to break some plots due to unexpected Decisions form my Side :).

The new Toolset is powerful, but difficult and slow to use, so we have to be patient... though I am really looking forward to the Stuff these Folks might create:

http://www.forgottenrealmsweave.org/wiki/tiki-index.php

Yes, good mods are difficult to find, but check out the Vault. MP mods are even scarcer which is why TC has been forced to revert to NWN1!! :(

Thanks for the pointers Fenris - I haven't even started checking stuff out yet!

Thanks for the pointers Fenris - I haven't even started checking stuff out yet!

Yup, thanks Fernis. :)

Was thinking Pool of Radiance (seemed the safest, being based on an old classic). Now, is there anything I need in order to play it (or is it just to download the mod)?

Übereil

All the details are on the page where you download the mod!!

English mods are found here:

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=nwn2modulesenglish.list&show_days_back=10

If I get a decent system I might start making one or two. That toolset is a pig. We may start seeing new mods once the Granny tool is developed as the Csutom Content people will start having a hay-day converting their (and other's) stuff.

A friend of mine on my old Wheel of Time PW is going to take a crack at converting it to NWN1 now.

Mask of the Betrayer is around the corner and Rob McGinnis has promised to overhaul the PWC requirement (a custom file needed to play multiplayer on NWN2 that NWN1 never required) by the time it's out. At the risk of sounding pessimistic though, I don't think that's likely.

Because of this requirement MP is a real pain and the casual gamers can't figure it out. If this could get solved it would be a boon for the game and you might start seeing more PW's.

Was thinking Pool of Radiance (seemed the safest, being based on an old classic). Now, is there anything I need in order to play it (or is it just to download the mod)?

Übereil

Well, here is the module:
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2ModulesEnglish.Detail&id=63

You just need to download the last file. Put the PORR file into the campaigns-folder and the -.mod-files in the module-folder and you are ready to play. When you now choose "new campaign" in the main-menu, there is a new option for the POR-campaign.

The Intros and the Journal are optional, just view them outside of the game.

Sometimes you have "Adventurers" as companions, they are the "Redshirts" of POR - no need to reload when one (or all) of them dies :). The only "real" companion in chapter 1 is Redd, a human fighter. Later a Cleric joins for one mission (with some tyrian redshirts, ahem, sorry I mean Paladins ^^). I haven't played chapter 2 yet, because it's still in beta.

I can reccomend the Module Night Howls in Nestlehaven. Apart from some very shoddy grammar, it's a great module.

J.E. Sawyer is also making The Black Hound, but don't expect that anytime soon. The Planescape Trilogy is on the way and Purgatorio should be out soon. That should be a good one. The Subtlety of Thay is also pretty decent, though unpolished. The Birthday is only about an hour of gameplay, but it's absolutely top notch, and is a more polished product than the OC.

We seem to have to wait longer these days for decent mods to appear. Similar situation with Oblivion and Half Life 2. (Full blown mods I mean, not those mods that change the colour of grass etc).
One of the reasons must be the increasing complexity of toolsets etc..amongst other things.
Have to be patient I suppose!

We seem to have to wait longer these days for decent mods to appear. Similar situation with Oblivion and Half Life 2. (Full blown mods I mean, not those mods that change the colour of grass etc).
One of the reasons must be the increasing complexity of toolsets etc..amongst other things.
Have to be patient I suppose!

I have to agree with the complexity of the toolset. I was making this mod for NWN for almost a year and I went really far with it (considering my skill). Then NWN 2 came along, I scrapped my NWN mod and made a new one using NWN 2 toolset. I spent a week tweaking one 4x4 area. Then I got sick of it.

Back
Top Bottom