Two Worlds - Interview @ GamingTarget

Dhruin

SasqWatch
GamingTarget let us know they have an interview with Miroslaw Dymek from Reality Pump on Two Worlds:
GT: Please give us a sense for the level of freedom that players will enjoy throughout their time in Two Worlds. How much work has gone into placing as few “invisible walls” (un-killable characters, impassable doors, etc.) in the player's way as possible?

Miroslaw Dymek: Two Worlds is a fantasy role-playing game with a huge focus on combat, but the story and free roaming are also strongly highlighted. What we try to achieve is to place the action in well-known settings and season it with unexpected story twists to keep the player interested. There is a good amount of places to go and explore. Most of them are completely optional if you only follow the main story, but to learn about the world, its past, mysteries, and maybe even to solve some of those mysteries, the player will have to seek for answers in places tucked away far from the main path. Needless to say, curiosity will be appropriately rewarded.
More information.

This game seems to be next in line to challenge the Gothic 3/Oblivion line of games. Certainly, it looks and sounds promising and I hope RPGWatch will keep a close eye on this title. Maybe Oblivion + Gothic 3 = perfect open-ended world RPG? :D

It does look interesting - I hope they can pull it off!

Isn't this game supposed to be released at the end of the year? Or is it 2007?

Looks like just another ACTION RPG to me. Combat rules and everything else is just a Highlight!!

I'm still paying some attention to this - except they keep touting the "automatic" combat. That raises all sorts of alarms with me. Nevertheless, if there is a good story and some decent risk reward, side quests etc it might prove interesting.

Although pure action done right sure can be fun - like Severance / Blade of Darkeness.

Back
Top Bottom