Freedom Force - Retrospective Review

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Freedom Force retrospective from Retrospective Gaming.

The closest thing we have to a Super hero RPG

I recommend the GOG version

(Stay away from the steam version)

- https://www.gog.com/game/freedom_force

From GOG " From a distant corner of the galaxy, an evil alien race sets in motion a sinister plan to conquer the Earth. They unleash a powerful catalyst — Energy X — that imbues the planet's worst miscreants with super-powers to bring the planet to its knees. Now Earth's only hope lies with a new breed of heroes... The Freedom Force! Command a squad of comic book heroes in the defense of Patriot City. Choose from over a dozen heroes or create your own comic champions. Fight for freedom in over 20 action-packed missions. Restore order in a completely interactive 3D world."
More information.

Always liked this one. It had surprisingly nice character development and lots of style.

I loved that game. Very classic comic superhero though, but I love classic superhero.

I liked it a lot but my custom hero soon grew to be so powerful that I didn't need to bring anyone else at all. If you play it, stay away from the custom!

Great game for sure. I wonder what makes the steam version so terrible?

Yeah, I bought it on Steam after seeing recommendations on this site, but I never got it to run properly. So I still haven't played it.

Well, that might be an excellent reason to avoid it then on that platform, if it isn't optimized properly via steam. That would be a true shame, as it is an excellent game even by today's standards.

I guess I'll get it on GoG instead, didn't think about that.

This was one of the first games I tried to "pirate" as a kid on Kazaa. Finally downloaded it and my PC wasn't fast enough to run it. Always wanted to try it, it sounded and looked awesome.

Back
Top Bottom