Pricewatch!

the first Two Worlds game any good? I have played the second one and that was decent.

We do but it never hurts to have backups of the best games everywhere. Ty NO.

Great deals happening ... hopefully I will find something to buy that I don't already own this time :)

Everyone here probably already have them but Fallout 1,2 and Fallout tactics are free on GoG for next 48 hours.
Bit of a weird "sale". Is it Bethesda building hype or GOG going into xmas?

Apparently GoG's right to sell them ends at the end of year and they don't think it'll be renewed.

Apparently GoG's right to sell them ends at the end of year and they don't think it'll be renewed.
Hhhm, that sucks. Usually when games are added to gog it's seen as good news partly because the games find a nice safe DRM-free place to be. I take it it'd still be possible to download the current pack of files even after a removal.

Hhhm, that sucks. Usually when games are added to gog it's seen as good news partly because the games find a nice safe DRM-free place to be. I take it it'd still be possible to download the current pack of files even after a removal.

Yes - they are very clear (I think on the site, but certainly in the press email I got) that anyone who has a game they own ... owns the game. Of course, the best idea is to back up the install files, but so long as GoG is around your games will remain on your account shelf.

GOG is inaccessible by me. :( I wonder if they are getting increased business, or just slow performance.

I can see the website and offers, but I can not log in...says too much traffics. So I guess their login server is melting right now.

Same here, GoG is very slow to inaccessible. Just managed over so many tries to get the free fallouts deal.

Also managed to get Blade of Darkness and Shadow Warrior (2013) (had to contact their support since payment through paypal went through but their servers broke half way through the transaction).

Also managed to get Blade of Darkness and Shadow Warrior (2013) (had to contact their support since payment through paypal went through but their servers broke half way through the transaction).

Let us know how that new Shadow Warrior is when you get a chance to play it. I'm curious if it plays anything like the old Build Engine games.

I grabbed FO2 and FO Tactics which I surprisingly didn't have on GOG. I've actually never played Tactics other than briefly trying the demo years ago.

Thanks for the heads up on Fallout. It was on my GOG wish list. It WAS on my wish list. And No problems for me getting all the games after I got home from work.

Sometimes I just like looking at my GOG inventory. I think I am beyond the place where I will ever play all of them but all my gaming options just make me feel rich. Sociologically speaking there's plenty to be said there, but ehhh, what-ever.

I wonder if they are getting increased business, or just slow performance.

From GOG's Fallout offer announcement page:

We did anticipate much interest in our 2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale, as well as our Fallout 1,2, & Tactics giveaway, but the number of visits exceeded our highest expectations by far. And we mean FAR. For today, we've prepared double the number of servers that were needed to support our highest day in traffic to date, but it turned out to be not nearly sufficient. We're working on quadrupling our server supply, now.

Tales of Maj'Eyjal(TOME), a particularly well-developed roguelike that started life many years ago as an angband variant, is introduced on steam now at a discount. Great variety of races and classes and more fleshed out than most roguelikes. I've been playing new versions every few years and it's an excellent time-waster with some new twists on the roguelike formula.
News link to homepage: http://te4.org/blogs/darkgod/2013/12/news/tales-majeyal-now-officialy-available-steam.

Back
Top Bottom