Steam - Holiday Sale Roundup

Divinity 2 DKS is on sale at Amazon.de for only 22€. Only today.

Is it still the general consensus that Disciples II is better than III? Picked up II a few days ago..

Gothic bundle would really benefit from not including Arcania...

Oh, and Hinterland is on sale too 2.5€ here, so I guess it's about 2.5$ over there. The game is really better than reviewers suggest - not much depth, but the twist to the diablo-ing is interesting and kept me entertained for solid 20 hours.

GAH.... forgot my steam password yet again... and noway to reset it without the steam client.....

I'm waiting for Civ 5 for $30, not buying it for more than that according to the overall bad reviews.

Internal Server Error :S well, isn't it great when steam can't get my money even if I want to throw it at them... talk about crappy platform can't even handle a purchase.... ooo well I guess I have enough todo even without puzzle quest.

The overall bad reviews that saw it get only a metascore of 90?

I mean, that's kind of low for a Civ game, but it was one of the highest reviewed PC games of the year.

I picked up Silverfall, it's expansion and Hinterland. Grand total $8.73. Hard to beat that kind of deal for 3 games.

I think it's miles better than Civ IV, personally.

Well but CivIV has lots of additional content in terms of (real) expansions and mods - especially Fall From Heaven 2. And can be often bought for 10 money, complete edition.

In my opinion, few years from now, V will be better than IV.

Well but CivIV has lots of additional content in terms of (real) expansions and mods - especially Fall From Heaven 2. And can be often bought for 10 money, complete edition.

In my opinion, few years from now, V will be better than IV.
Yeah, that's the thing. Civ V is still new, and there's still a lot to come.

I don't agree with this DLC thing they've got going on, but I can see why they're doing it and I'm only going to get the odd bit here-and-there when they're on sale or on offer (So far I only want the Spain pack).

I found Civ IV to be too complex, especially when you're playing something like Beyond the Sword which has espionage and religion. Civ V streamlined the system again, made it somewhat simpler but I don't think it ever truly dumbed it down. They've made things more visible, they've made combat something seriously worth looking at even for the more economic games (Because of barbarians) and I think for someone new to these sort of games that everything Civ V does is right.

Maybe I'm a bit thick or something, but I think Civ V is a positive release and that it blows IV away in terms of gameplay, and given a year or two it'll rival IV in terms of content. Now to wait for Boudica! :p

The reviews I've read are critical of the (lack of) challenge in Civ 5. People that had difficulty winning a game in medium difficulty in Civ 4 were consistently able to beat Civ 5 in Emperor (or whatever's max) after their second game. Since to me, the AI is the most important part of a strategy game, this spells doom.

They've had some patches since then and closed some loopholes. Civ V does seem pretty fun to me *BUT* I'm playing it differently. No back to back games. I just play a big game once a month.

Current sales (with a bit under 14 hours to go):

Assassin's Creed 2: $15 ($12 if you have Assassin's Creed 1)
Just Cause 2: $7.50 (jeez, think I need to get that one!)
Monkey Island Complete: $17.50

Man. I guess Steam is trying to suck all the sales from the rest of the online retail shops for the holidays. I thought there were laws against flooding the market with lowball prices like this?? Even Knights of the Old Republic is half price ($5)!

People that had difficulty winning a game in medium difficulty in Civ 4 were consistently able to beat Civ 5 in Emperor (or whatever's max) after their second game. Since to me, the AI is the most important part of a strategy game, this spells doom.

This!

I've played Civ 5 for a little bit, but didn't like it as much as IV. Maybe the'll fix the game later.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom