Cyberpunk 2077 - E3 Trailer

It doesn't look the way I was expecting, but that's actually a good thing for me. Not sure I could do 100+ hours of dark and gritty. I was also a bit skeptical as to whether or not they would actually pull it off, given how ambitious it is, but they might just do it. If they do, this has the potential to be amazing.

There was a lot scepticism if they could pull off TW3 with an open world and a strong narrative. While there were some flaws they just did it. I have a lot of faith in CDPR.

Quite bold to release a trailer set in bright daylight. I didn't expect it which is good. I'm not worried at all. Sure there will be something to nitpick as always, but the game is shaping up nicely.

Seriously? I noticed no asians in the trailer at all. Means there are none in the game and those CDpr devs are racists, bring out pitchforks!
Nope. It means it is based on historical Poland, like TW is.

Short memory. Or convenient memory.

After researching the topic, loaded on black people skin tones. It is going to be hard for CDR Projekt to avoid the same controversy as ME4 and their incomplete white people skin tones character creation tool set.

That or another case of double standard.

Anyone remember the 'Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy' skits on Saturday Night Live?

Sometimes Chien reminds me of those. :)
Probably a character with a stub of a memory.

I've been thinking for weeks now doing a Chien character for that XCOM2 RPGWatch Team I made. I even know how his biography lines will be… :D

A bio that would tell more about the person who wrote it rather than the person it is written about.

Why are you getting upset azarhal? You choose to be a hipster of RPG gaming so there are some penalties attached to that. Every time majority of players here like something you feel obliged to criticize it. Sometimes your arguments are valid and well made but sometimes they are completely spurious and a knee jerk reaction. You just have to learn to take the rough with the smooth!

Bold is a lie, there is a lot of thread for games lots of people here like that I never go into because I have no interest in that game. I only talk about stuff I'm interested in. Although, it does support what I said, even if it was sarcasm because JDR used "we".

I'm knee jerk just when people are misconstruing what I'm saying and/or got accumulated bad mood and going by some posts after my last one, people still don't understand what I'm saying.

As for leaving, I've been thinking of doing that for years now actually. I look at the news and I barely see anything that interest me these days or discussions worth following. Well, there is barely any discussions anymore actually unless people are arguing over something.

Saying that, me saying people don't give a shit about the source material is correct. The majority is interested in the game because it's CDPR and they made TW3, not because of the IP it use.

The funniest, I bet I actually watcher the trailer more times than any of you did. How many people spotted the unicorn?

The funniest, I bet I actually watcher the trailer more times than any of you did. How many people spotted the unicorn?

I guess you mean the dead horse that somebody beat, and then put a a pole through its head?

Yeah, no. Did not spot that.

I guess you mean the dead horse that somebody beat, and then put a a pole through its head?

Yeah, no. Did not spot that.

No. One of the company use a unicorn head as a logo.

Saying that, me saying people don't give a shit about the source material is correct. The majority is interested in the game because it's CDPR and they made TW3, not because of the IP it use.

And that's a bad thing? Witcher series also didn't follow Sapkowski's books too closely. And, IMO, it was a right decision on CDPR's part.

That's true and the very game made more audience for books plus made Netflix interested in TV series. I can only expect this game making more people interested in it's pnp roots.

That aside, am I alone thinking that thanks to this (engine/hair) trailer and other announcements from others… Ports and visuals… Okay, let's exclude Death Stranding which is suspected to be an exclusive…
Am I alone feeling that this E3 was basically pwned by PC without some "official" PC conference?

EDIT:
Fan made trailer that, IMO, should have been used instead of the official one:
https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrai...ith-the-witcher-3s-geralt-ciri-is-incredible/

Last edited:
Again?
No helicopters with atrocious controls = not GTA.

No helicopters with atrocious controls = not GTA.
Don't get me started on the terrible helicopter controls in all GTA games.:thumbsdown:
Well I'll probably get flamed again for this.:biggrin:

As in my humble opinion the games are a lot more enjoyable then reading the books.
And that's a bad thing? Witcher series also didn't follow Sapkowski's books too closely. And, IMO, it was a right decision on CDPR's part.
Correct and despite earning the author more readers, and making him richer the author still hates what CD Projekt did in the games they made. Talk about being hypocritical.

Pondsmith like pretty much everyone telling people off for saying "it's too bright" miss the point of the complains. It's not about being in day/night cycles or the lack of rain. It's the bright clear/clean tone used which gives the impression Night City is current day LA with half the air pollution and not a place sitting right next to a nuclear accident zone and a desert ruled by corporations who don't care about air quality one bit.

But seems I can't explain it properly or people telling me to shut-up don't want to understand what I'm saying so whatever.

You're really starting to sound like a child with an axe to grind.

OffensiveScentedEasteuropeanshepherd-max-1mb.gif

1. CDPR/Pondsmith stated they wanted to do showcase Cyberpunk world differently than stereotype version

2. More than 50 years have passed and technology has certainly advanced

3. The game will definitely have a whole variety of weather/lighting systems

4. They have only showcased a very small portion of the world

5. PnP and open world/sandbox video game have different goals and methods in how they portray the setting

If you cannot understand this, then I can only point you to nearest kindergarten.
( Preferably with clean air and plenty of sunlight :))

A bio that would tell more about the person who wrote it rather than the person it is written about.

Don't you forget: in every fictional work, any resemblance to reality is pure coincidence.

You're really starting to sound like a child with an axe to grind.

OffensiveScentedEasteuropeanshepherd-max-1mb.gif

1. CDPR/Pondsmith stated they wanted to do showcase Cyberpunk world differently than stereotype version

2. More than 50 years have passed and technology has certainly advanced

3. The game will definitely have a whole variety of weather/lighting systems

4. They have only showcased a very small portion of the world

5. PnP and open world/sandbox video game have different goals and methods in how they portray the setting

If you cannot understand this, then I can only point you to nearest kindergarten.
( Preferably with clean air and plenty of sunlight :))

Who's the one with an axe to grind here that needs to be in kindergarten? You keep responding to my posts showing exactly 0 comprehension of what I'm writing.

Why are you getting upset azarhal? You choose to be a hipster of RPG gaming so there are some penalties attached to that. Every time majority of players here like something you feel obliged to criticize it. Sometimes your arguments are valid and well made but sometimes they are completely spurious and a knee jerk reaction. You just have to learn to take the rough with the smooth!

Nah, he's upset because Bioware isn't as popular here as it used to be. And I've noticed there is a very different reaction from some people to CDPR and their games ( and same goes for Bethesda fans), pre and post Witcher III.
( Just check thread on about it on bsn forums)

19775095.gif

Nah, he's upset because Bioware isn't as popular here as it used to be. And I've noticed there is a very different reaction from some people to CDPR and their games ( and same goes for Bethesda fans), pre and post Witcher III. ( Just check thread on about it on bsn forums)

I'm saying that the trailer doesn't have the right tonality and that means I'm upset about BioWare not being as popular here as it used to be?????

I guess rjshae is too because he said it looked like GTA 2077…

Who's the one with an axe to grind here that needs to be in kindergarten? You keep responding to my posts showing exactly 0 comprehension of what I'm writing.

No, you actually keep repeating the same, without realizing people there are reasons for it and people, including the creator of PnP, who don't agree with you. Chill out and move on.

I'm saying that the trailer doesn't have the right tonality and that means I'm upset about BioWare not being as popular here as it used to be.

That is just the observation, in general, not exclusively tied to this.

Back
Top Bottom