Steam summer-sale have mercy

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.
I have never in my life bought so many games in such a short time as I have done due to the Steam summer sale...

I have bought

Bastion
LA Noir
Alan Wake
Deus Ex Bundle

so far ;)

Fortunately I've spent so much in previous years I don't have much left to buy. I've only picked up Batman Arkham City so far.

I have about 50 played and 150 unplayed games on Steam, its ridiculous - and I've only managed to complete about 20 of the ones I've played :(

Since the sale started I buy at least one game every day... :(
Resisting a temptation to buy more... Trying to resist...
Today I bought two (FO3 and FO:NV with all DLC)... Man...
Basically I'm spending cca 10€ daily, seems no beer for me this month. :(

Been on a short family vacation with wife and kids.
Saw the remarks about steam sale and had to check it up.

Got away with FO3 NV ultimate and X3 complete (got some of the games but have never had time to play.

Would really like to dive into the world of X3 with my new uninstalled 7950.

Rather silly though, not as if I have a decent backlog anyway...

C

I guess I should be thankful my 10 month old takes up so much time that I'm still trying to finish games from 10 years ago!

I guess I should be thankful my 10 month old takes up so much time that I'm still trying to finish games from 10 years ago!

Just a couple of months now before you can play toghether. Toddlers may have issues with very graphic violence, and their hand-eye coordination leaves surprisingly much to be desired. I therefore recommend turn based games like Civilization. Or train simulators - Railworks Trains Simulator 2012 is a bargain at 2.99 €.

pibbur who has only bought 1 game (but, sad to say, that's because he could not resist previous Steam sales).

I'm debating with myself whether or not to take their Sega bundle at -89%...

It includes all of the Total War bunch since Rome and other games, which I've not heard of before.

I stopped buying the TW series after Rome, especially since I thought Medieval would be too similar to Rome and that the other gun eras don't really interest me.
But for £35 (~$45) it's very tempting.

btw., I paid the last couple of games with a PaySafeCard. Available everywhere here (Aral, Westlotto, ... ). Worked fine and intuitively.

The only point to remember is:
Use Firefox or IE to make the purchase, not the Steam client!

btw., I paid the last couple of games with a PaySafeCard. Available everywhere here (Aral, Westlotto, … ). Worked fine and intuitively.

The only point to remember is:
Use Firefox or IE to make the purchase, not the Steam client!

What's wrong with using the Steam client for purchases?

Incidentally I usually use prepaid cards for online shopping, which means I can't buy anything from GOG.com, as unlike Steam and Origin, GOG doesn't accept US prepaid cards.

What's wrong with using the Steam client for purchases?

Seems to be a PaySafeCard specific thing. My first purchase (through the client) got stuck. Steam's support FAQ recommends buying through a browser if using such a card.

I generally buy games when I want to play them, not when they're on sale. Unless, of course, they're on sale when I want to play them - but they almost never are :(

I generally buy games when I want to play them, not when they're on sale. Unless, of course, they're on sale when I want to play them - but they almost never are :(

A wise choice. I hate you. :)

pibbur who too seldom follows his own advice

A wise choice. I hate you. :)

pibbur who too seldom follows his own advice

Well, wisdom is a very blurry thing ;)

It's only wise because I end up playing very few games to completion - and I find that the temptation to buy something cheap tends to dominate over my actual use for the games.

Also, I think the impulse-effect is almost never to the benefit of the person with the impulse, so I try my best to fight it.

I think I've been trained like a monkey in a science experiment at this point. I already know that every single game will eventually be available for $5 or 10 at some point. So I only buy a few games each year at full price that I've been eagerly awaiting and the rest I wait for the Summer or Winter sale to pick them up on the cheap.

For example, I would really like to buy Risen 2 or Gods and Kings, but I'm not willing to pay more than around $10-12, so I'll wait until the Winter sale.

Stronghold3 is -66% on Steam and I didn't buy that game because initial reviews were all mentioning enormous amount of bugs. And releasing a game full of bugs angers me more than buying a game just to discover it's not RPG, it's not FPS, it's not RTS, but actually endless mobrespawning genre.

Anyone knows if bugs were all fixed? 10€ for bugfree Stronghold 3 seems a nice price. But I won't give a cent for it if bugs are still there.

[EDIT]
Found the thread on the official site… The game is not polished after a dozen of patches and there won't be any more (official) patches:
http://www.fireflyworlds.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=271&func=view&id=22066&catid=45
I'm not buying. I'll waste my 10€ on something else, mobrespawning Torchlight comes in mind, at least no bugs there.

Back
Top Bottom