Encased - New Trailers & Release Date

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The latest update for Encased announces a release in September and shows some new trailers.

Hello, Dark Crystal Games is here again! Today we want to share what's been happening with Encased over the past few months and when you can explore the wastelands of the Dome from start to finish.

Summer Game Fest

Prime Matter, a subsidiary of Koch Media, as well as our publisher, presented a new video at Summer Game Fest.

Do you like it? Can't wait to join one of the Wings and complete the Encased story?

Right now our team is polishing the game, adding new content and fixing bugs to make your playthrough truly exciting.

Preview Trailer

Our team has also released a preview trailer of the game in which you can hear the new voice-over from the game, see new locations and more.

Please note that Encased will be released this September.

Your wait is almost over. See you under the Dome, dear employees!
More information.

The recruitment trailer was actually released last month. Very cool trailer though.. I love the retro look and music.

Shocked it will release in September after acquiring a new publisher. As usually the new publisher provides more money, and the developer gives an excuse why it's delayed.

Yuppers, looking good indeed! It's been a while since the kick starter closed out, yet the dawn of another great game inches closer for us all.

Shocked it will release in September after acquiring a new publisher. As usually the new publisher provides more money, and the developer gives an excuse why it's delayed.
It wouldn't be the first game to be delayed. In December they said it would allow them to add voice acting and to release on consoles, but they obviously needed a break to finish and polish the game too so it was a good opportunity. They're small and it's their first game together, it's not as if CDPR were late to release a fully functional CP2077 ;)

Voice-acting is not mandatory for me, for that type of game, but they had time to add more content, to listen to fans and adjust the game, and to polish it, so I'm glad for that :)

I find more shocking that it took them 6 months to properly communicate anything substantial about the game status and planning (but I believe them when they say it's mainly the publisher's decision).

I'm another that wouldn't be amazed at all if we see yet another delay for this down the pike. However, with the partner they have now, at least we're truly likely to actually see it complete at some point, and I think it'll be worth the wait. As we've all learned here, often a delay is a truly mixed blessing in disguise.

We'll see, all bets are off! A delay is never something they announce lightly, I'd prefer that to a premature release anytime.

There is a big chunk of the game that hasn't been shown in either game, but from the look of it, Encased would be in a better shape than WotR if it had to be released now. To be fair, it's also less complex.

We'll see, all bets are off! A delay is never something they announce lightly, I'd prefer that to a premature release anytime.

There is a big chunk of the game that hasn't been shown in either game, but from the look of it, Encased would be in a better shape than WotR if it had to be released now. To be fair, it's also less complex.

True. It was actually your recent comments in the Pathfinder thread that lead me to believe that. From what you've been saying, it doesn't sound like WotR is going to be ready six weeks from now.

I won't be surprised if they both get delayed though. Also, while WotR might be a more complex game, Owlcat is the larger studio with more developers.

True. It was actually your recent comments in the Pathfinder thread that lead me to believe that. From what you've been saying, it doesn't sound like WotR is going to be ready six weeks from now.

I won't be surprised if they both get delayed though. Also, while WotR might be a more complex game, Owlcat is the larger studio with more developers.
Then we'll have to live on backlog a little longer ;)

Release date

September 7th!

Encased will be released on September 7!

In just over a month you'll go on an adventure to fully explore the Dome. Expect dozens of new quests and locations, new story chapters, many endings, weapons, artifacts, and much more!

See you under the Dome!

Back
Top Bottom